• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - India in West Indies

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been so low-quality so far. Harbhajan is bowling a crap line and length, WI aren't running well between the wickets, India are fielding poorly..

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
@Manee

In england the ball the Duke ball does not get that weared down though that early as the conditions are not too abrasive.

He can also reverse it when required and bowl keep it tight lengths when they are required.

Would play him in traditional swing venues certainly.
It's not like Ishant or Sreesanth are a lesser risk than him in any case and Munaf with the length he balls is slightly on the shorter side for England is too much of a risk fitness wise in a test.
Loses steam too early.
I don't know. He just seems to lack either the pace or the height to be a success at Test cricket. You don't see many people of his height (5ft 8) and pace (75-80mph) being a success at Test level. The ball won't swing all the time and it would seem that he has no Plan B for when that happens.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That is why i want him in the squad when the ball swings in England though.

His plan A is pretty good when the ball swings though. Even Irfan Pathan was MOTM when the ball swung at Perth.
And RP singh looked threatening in England last time when the ball swung.

He does not leak runs like a Sreesanth either when it is not swinging and also has a pretty good FC record too.
Can see him doing damage with the new ball specially in the traditional swing venues.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Both current batsmen look like they are trying to improve their 20/20 average by batting for a nice little not out.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Raina should give the remaining overs all to spinners.

Much more effective than seamers on this track.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That is why i want him in the squad when the ball swings in England though.

His plan A is pretty good when the ball swings though. Even Irfan Pathan was MOTM when the ball swung at Perth.
And RP singh looked threatening in England last time when the ball swung.

He does not leak runs like a Sreesanth either when it is not swinging and also has a pretty good FC record too.
Can see him doing damage with the new ball specially in the traditional swing venues.
I can see him leaking runs when the ball doesn't swing. England will really go after him, I'd think.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with what Lance Gibbs is saying here.

It is nigh on suicidal for West Indies to prepare turning tracks specially against India and Pakistan.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So harsh on Barnwell for the top order to waste so many deliveries when he's striking them so well.

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
Not pleased with the top order batting performance ,could easily have been 70 for 6 odd had catches been taken,no ball and stuff.
Badri wag though.

chicane

State Captain
I support the move to test the bench strength on this tour, but am pretty worried WI could roll India the world champs! India may have been scratchy as they adjusted to conditions, which are not so different from home, but this game both teams looked a match. I'd imagine Chris Gayle would really give India A a reality check.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Gayle is one guy. He isn't going to win every game for his side. Not worried about Gayle as long as Ashwin plays.:p

Borges

International Regular
I'd imagine Chris Gayle would really give India A a reality check.
This is not India A or India B or India anything else. This is the Indian national cricket team. If they lose a game, it is India that has lost. And when they win, it is the Indian team that has won.

That a few prima donne are missing because they need to find time for a T20 circus, advertisement photo shoots etc. does not diminish the status of the Indian team in any way. All of them, including the prima donna absoluta, are smaller than India, and smaller than cricket. All that has happened is that they have now made themselves even smaller than what they were earlier.

And let us not be under the illusion that they are only insulting WI cricket. They have insulted cricket, the sport that has given them everything, without which they would be non-entities. They have insulted Indian cricket and international test cricket as a whole - and they have also insulted themselves in the process.

Xuhaib

International Coach
meh Sachin is at that point of his career where he deserves to pick and choose series even Imran did that in the last 5 years of his career so he could stretch his career till the WC.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can we stop this India A ,Weak team/Strong team ,Rested/Not rested nonsense now and get on with the teams that are actually playing rather than those that are not?

Thought we had debated it too death few pages back.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
This is not India A or India B or India anything else. This is the Indian national cricket team. If they lose a game, it is India that has lost. And when they win, it is the Indian team that has won.

That a few prima donne are missing because they need to find time for a T20 circus, advertisement photo shoots etc. does not diminish the status of the Indian team in any way. All of them, including the prima donna absoluta, are smaller than India, and smaller than cricket. All that has happened is that they have now made themselves even smaller than what they were earlier.

And let us not be under the illusion that they are only insulting WI cricket. They have insulted cricket, the sport that has given them everything, without which they would be non-entities. They have insulted Indian cricket and international test cricket as a whole - and they have also insulted themselves in the process.
Nah not really.