• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - India in West Indies

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
Tendulkar has made it clear he will play both tests and odis in eng and aus tours.
Besides he still needs to get his 50th odi hundred.:)
Good decision.

Odi team to see under current circumstances.

Parthiv failtale.[wk]
Bhikhari dhawan.[don't know why he was picked over mukund/valthaty]
Kohli
Rohit sharma
Badrinath
Raina
yusuf pathan
Harbhajan
Ishant
Praveen kumar
Munaf patel.

The openers are epic fail.

The test team will be little better but not much.[pujara out with injury]

Somebody
Mukund
Dravid
Kohli
Laxman
IN form player of odis.
Dhoni
Harbhajan
Ishant
Sreesanth
Munaf.

Doesn't look world no.1 at all if u ask me.
Shows what a huge influence zaheer,sachin and sehwag are.

angad

U19 12th Man
Give lifetime rest to Sachin, he doesnt deserve Indian cap after this. Never heard such thing from Dravid who has equally contributed to Indian cricket.

Really shameful behaviour from icon of my nation. :@

Die IPL, Die Ambani, learn something from Ratan TATA .

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
So tendulkar wont be retiring before 2013 it seems......otherwise he wouldn't skip tours.

Good move regardless. India will benefit from it. Perfect time for the younger guys to shine.

shivfan

Banned
Indian players who prefer IPL to Test cricket against the Windies....

1) Sehwag
2) Gambhir
3) Tendulkar
4) Yuvraj

That's of course if Yuvi was in the running for the Test team. He's chosen the IPL over the ODI squad, anyway....

Sehwag and Gambhir knew they had injuries from the WC, but carried them into the IPL, because of the big bucks at stake, aggravated those injuries, and will miss the IPL as a result.

Sachin clearly has the time to play in the IPL, but not in a Test series in the Caribbean....

So, West Indians are not the only players who put the IPL ahead of national duties.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
And Sehwag has been carrying that injury for like 6 months now.

I expect all of them to play all of the English and Australian tours though.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
If India are to stay no.1 or even near the top, they will have to groom youngsters NOW not when the old guys retire, so from an indian perspective, it's a great move. Obviously if he really wanted to have some time off with his family, he should've taken it off during the IPL!

Is Zaheer touring or skipping?

R_D

International Debutant
I'm quite good with this... WI aren't the force they used to be so giving some these young guys chance to play test match in a relatively low pressure games is good. It's good for the long term. I wasn't so excited about this series before but now I want to see how the likes of Mukund, Kohli etc will do here.

With Pujara out injured I hope Badrinath or Kohli cement their place in the test team... I would like to see either of the 2 in the team against England.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I have no issues with this. A fair bit of overreaction going on imo. The new crop have to be tried out at some point.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
So he would have skipped two ODI series in a row?

There is a reason why he has not retired from ODI's.

And if there had been a test series he would have missed the whole WI tour regardless.

Besides the Mumbai team and the IPL in general cannot exist without the stars. Sachin brings in the crowds like no one other(Average attendance around all the IPL venues were up atleast 30 to 40% for the matches involving Sachin and for that reason alone).

So there is pressure on him non monetary too plus he is pretty much in charge of Mumbai Indians at the moment and also a very good friend of the Ambani's.Plus the loyalty with his city of Mumbai.
The IPl won't be the same without him and the other big Indian names.

And a less succesful IPl in turn means that the domestic players get less money and less chances to improve themselves as they have done and even the likes of Badrinath and Kohli have admitted.

Also whether people admit it or not ,West Indies is no longer an attractive tour these days.
There is no way he would have missed this tour had it been England or Australia.

He missed the last tour to the West Indies due to shoulder problems ,even though he could have toured if required,IIRC.
And would you really begrudge a Kohli or Badrinath getting a run in his place ?

This is a perfect test tour to Blood the youngsters in,too without it being too easy or too tough.
And some spots are still up for grabs for England and Australian tours.
Worst attitude ever.

'Sorry but you're really not good enough to send our best players. Here's the B side though'

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I hate that these guys are gonna miss out tests and ODIs coz they played in the IPL but fact of the matter is, we play so much cricket anyways and there will always be a time when they have to pick and choose when they want to play.. So I am not really too bothered about this.. Hopefully the guys who have gotten a chance will prove themselves so well that the guys who rested are forced to think it may not be a good idea next time they wanna do the same (which could well be after the CLT :p )..

Bun

Banned
Worst attitude ever.

'Sorry but you're really not good enough to send our best players. Here's the B side though'
Are you aware that Sachin alone doesn't make it an A team these days??? 8-)

The others are out because of injuries... Sehwag, Gambhir,Yuvraj Singh, Pujara...

And not sure abt Sachin's own fitness either... I think this forum would be more sympathetic had he said something like "short term mental issues of touring abroad" or something... and by the time Eng series came around, had got it sorted out :ph34r:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Are you aware that Sachin alone doesn't make it an A team these days??? 8-)

The others are out because of injuries... Sehwag, Gambhir,Yuvraj Singh, Pujara...

And not sure abt Sachin's own fitness either... I think this forum would be more sympathetic had he said something like "short term mental issues of touring abroad" or something... and by the time Eng series came around, had got it sorted out :ph34r:
hmmm and they're missing out because of the IPL

On a side note, it'd be nice if cricinfo had more balanced articles and writers.

Flem274*

123/5
Cut it out. Both of you.

Don't be surprised if infractions come your way. Posting in that manner is unacceptable Got Spin. If you have an issue with a poster then contact the moderators. It's why we're here.

Bun, the retaliation was needless. You've reported it, now let us handle it.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Cut it out. Both of you.

Don't be surprised if infractions come your way. Posting in that manner is unacceptable Got Spin. If you have an issue with a poster then contact the moderators. It's why we're here.

Bun, the retaliation was needless. You've reported it, now let us handle it.
Don't worry about Bun repeatedly rolling his eyes every post then

All hail our new mods