• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It might also be the best chance for Dravid and Ganguly to put up big scores, coz Australia are bereft of the big M and W..... :)

Precambrian

Banned
Given the patronage Badri has received from the selectors, I won't be really surprised if the selectors retain the entire squad for the test series if there is a poor show at the Idea Cup ODI series and Champions Trophy by the youngsters.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Well, they just won the series (SL obviously). Kudos to them. They've certainly outbatted India, even if only two of their bowlers actually fired. They fired spectacularly, however.

As for the Indian Test fielding, it's been horrendous for a while. I haven't encountered such disparities between the fielding skill of a country's ODI and Test teams before, even if they are easy to explain.

Last edited:

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Woot go Sri Lanka! Good win. Great to see Warnapura and Samaraweera make some runs as well as Mendis's phenomenal effort.

The only worry is Vandort. In danger of getting dropped IMO. Pity because he looks like a decent player. Hopefully he can start scoring some runs soon.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was just about to raise that question about Michael Vandort, is he really the man to be partering Warnapura at the top of the order? How good is Tharanga Paranavitana? He's got a pretty good domestic record for a Sri Lankan, better than both of the incumbent openers anyway.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
congrats Sri Lanka. Excellent performance and outplayed India in every department, bar fast bowling, perhaps.. Kudos on a wonderful win.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Was just about to raise that question about Michael Vandort, is he really the man to be partering Warnapura at the top of the order? How good is Tharanga Paranavitana? He's got a pretty good domestic record for a Sri Lankan, better than both of the incumbent openers anyway.
Paranavithana is damn good opener in the sense he's ab excellent leaver. But lacks a bit of attacking shots though. But with Warnapura at the other end who's prepared to throw the bat at anything pitched marginally up, he can definietly buy his time.

Vandort's greatest asset is the ability to play quick bouncing deliveries than other Lankans (his hulking height do help, of course). But he may only get one or two more series IMO. Then Paranavithana will come in.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I think its high time the Indian selectors "rested" two out of Tendulkar/Ganguly/Dravid and gave the reserves a look in. I would even give Yuvraj a chance instead of these "fab" 3

Oh BTW, well played Sri Lanka and all that stuff.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Well done! Hope this atleast will be a lesson for the Indian Selectors. Can't understand how long these oldies persist in Indian team.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
You have to be a bit careful: Warnapura is yet to play in Eng, NZ, Aus or SA. I think the jury is still out on him. Vandort in my eyes is safe as houses because he's stood up on tough tours. But I think he needs to work serious on his game to succeed on the subcontinent.

I haven't seen Paranavitana, but apparently he is promising.