• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka 2015

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
When Dravid sr adopts the Sangakkara sr school of fatherhood:

"You three are ok, but look at Chanderpaul's son. He is the real wall. Only when you stand outside leg stump with your body pointing at mid on and then twist around in delivery stride will you be considered a real man."

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
]Excellent win from India, still wish we had won in Galle after the position we were in, but ehh.. Ishant getting banned not the best news, but I think we have enough of a bowling pool now (esp in the subcontinent) to do without him. Can't wait for SA series, still do hope we play 5 bowlers in the SC, all we need is to get our top order right and hope any one of Ashwin/Mishra/Binny/Bhuvi score 40-50 runs to help out the top 6 and we should be good.
In a weird way this series win is more impressive having lost in Galle. That was a crushing loss and could have been the final straw. India ended up recovering and winning the next two tests which both seemed destined for draws with weather issues.

Good series win, hopefully they build from here under KAPTAIN KOHLI

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
In a weird way this series win is more impressive having lost in Galle. That was a crushing loss and could have been the final straw. India ended up recovering and winning the next two tests which both seemed destined for draws with weather issues.

Good series win, hopefully they build from here under KAPTAIN KOHLI
Yeah but at this point I want as many wins in tests as possible, idc if losing in Galle and winning thereafter makes for a more impressive story, still woulda wanted a Galle win. But yeah I agree that a come from behind series victory is more impressive. Really looking forward to the SA series

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** me, it still amazes me that we never won in SL in 22 years. In that time, we won series in England,Pakistan, NZ and West Indies, and had some great wins in SA and Australia. Yet couldn't beat SL over a series. I know it was mainly down to Murali, but still.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
**** me, it still amazes me that we never won in SL in 22 years. In that time, we won series in England,Pakistan, NZ and West Indies, and had some great wins in SA and Australia. Yet couldn't beat SL over a series. I know it was mainly down to Murali, but still.
Last time, it was due to Mendis. yes, its surprising that we didn't win for 22 years with Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, Bhajji and co while we win now with the newbies. Our bowling was much poorer then.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangar is a damn good coach and a great guy. Speaking from personal experience here. He's incredibly smart and studies the game really well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not just because of Murali. Sri Lanka batted well at home against us a lot of times. That shouldn't be forgotten.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, it was due to inability of Indian spinners to ball with Kookaburra. Other than Ashwin, Mishra and Rajesh Chauhan, no Indian spinner had handled the Kookaburra well. As a result Kumble. Harbhajan and few other minor spinners were taken to cleaners in SL. Ashwin was the only Indian spinner to bowl a match winning spell in SL.

And we had MJ, Sanga, Tillekaratne and Samaraweera in 2000s, and De Silva and Jayasuriya in God mode in late 90s.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, it was due to inability of Indian spinners to ball with Kookaburra. Other than Ashwin, Mishra and Rajesh Chauhan, no Indian spinner had handled the Kookaburra well. As a result Kumble. Harbhajan and few other minor spinners were taken to cleaners in SL. Ashwin was the only Indian spinner to bowl a match winning spell in SL.

And we had MJ, Sanga, Tillekaratne and Samaraweera in 2000s, and De Silva and Jayasuriya in God mode in late 90s.
Harby averaged 28 during the 2008 tour, and specifically took 10 wickets in the same match Sehwag scored his double so idk where your coming up with the Harbhjan was taken to the cleaners bit. Harby also missed out on the most bowler friendly track of his 2010 tour where Mishra came in and took wickets afterwards.

And as you mentioned, SL's batting line up this passed tour was the weakest it's been since forever. So that also has to be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
That record-making match, where Jayasuriya and Mahanama tortured our clueless bowling, was the epitome.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Can never forget how good Aravinda and Jayasuriya used to get against us... They seemed to hate our team with a passion. :(
I remember a patch after world cup when we lost constantly v sri Lanka in odis. There was a banner that India could not even think of beating lanka. And it was true at the time.