• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
If you think Durban is anything like the Highveld.......
I meant in terms of our usual slow start to a series. Also, the fact that they have now spent some time in South Africa and gotten a feel for the atmosphere, environment, and the South African bowlers. Lastly, the fact that they realize changes need to be made to the team composition and the level of intensity needed to win this test series... Which, as a matter of fact, we will. :)

Last edited:

taipan1

U19 12th Man
I meant in terms of our usual slow start to a series. Also, the fact that they have now spent some time in South Africa and gotten a feel for the atmosphere, environment, and the South African bowlers. Lastly, the fact that they realize changes need to be made to the team composition and the level of intensity needed to win this test series... Which, as a matter of fact, we will. :)

Of course it might have escaped your attention that you won the first test in SA last time out. So now we have exploded the slow start theory that has been dragged out incessantly, please explain how India is going to take 40 wickets to win the series.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Of course it might have escaped your attention that you won the first test in SA last time out. So now we have exploded the slow start theory that has been dragged out incessantly, please explain how India is going to take 40 wickets to win the series.
Same way we did in that first test you just mentioned. Just twice. :D

Last edited:

Quaggas

State Captain
Definitely the first - got some blue, green, orange and white, but needs something more... a touch of gold and black perhaps? :p

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Really. I wonder how SA managed an 84% winning ratio against India in SA then?
I said the current ODI team is pretty gun, not the ones previously toured SA. And SA lost to england at home, and narrowly won against Pak away IIRC. Not a terrific record itbt.

Phantom

Banned
Oh I am done wit that rgument blaze. I enjoyed a good test match myself :) I thought sachin got more than his fair share of criticism. The other batsmen failed India, not him, and I think that is what should be debated more.
Here here

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is no wrong in playing for the red ink when there is zero chance of the team succeeding. Unless you're suggesting Sachin should have batted for 90 overs farming the strike and hitting out, a SA win was just 2 balls away and there was no point in slogging away and gifting a wicket. Laxman and Ishant Sharma crafted a win out of nowhere against Australia adopting similar strategy only.
There is something DEFINITELY wrong in going for the red ink over the possibility of avoiding an innings defeat. Simple concept but of course hard to accept that Sachin can actually be wrong sometimes, isn't it? :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh I am done wit that rgument blaze. I enjoyed a good test match myself :) I thought sachin got more than his fair share of criticism. The other batsmen failed India, not him, and I think that is what should be debated more.
lol.. even I think so. But then there are a couple of guys here who just can't let things rest without defending Sachin even when it is obvious that it was a valid criticism. As I said earlier, it is a minor, but VALID, criticism. They just can't let it rest though.. :)

And yeah, I do think the failure of our batsmen, esp. Raina needs more debate. But then again, it seems to be just about a consensus that Raina be dropped. So nothing there to actually debate.. ;)