• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
shame it couldn't be more like our last tour of Australia where we beat you guys at the Gabba with net bowlers huh
That sort of living in the past is precisely why India is on the slippery slope back to where they were before giving up veganism

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Squad selection vs WI will give a lot of idea where we are headed.
I remember WI pushed us in the decider in 2019.. Thakur won us the game & ODI series 2-1. That was a Indian team in its pomp. This next series is also going to be tight

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Squad selection vs WI will give a lot of idea where we are headed.
I remember WI pushed us in the decider in 2019.. Thakur won us the game & ODI series 2-1. That was a Indian team in its pomp. This next series is also going to be tight
Saw Dravid's recent interview on the series loss. He talked about giving players security and not chopping and changing too much. I like that, as badly as Bhuvi was bowling, he needed a fair chance before we just go with someone else. Our selections and random team changes have had a terrible impact on our white ball progress. Players are going to play conservatively(like Thakela Rahul) unless they know that they'll get a longer rope.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
What a pathetic outing the ODI series has been, losing to SA's second string attack. WOW! I guess a home world cup win will just have all "fans" raving about how great a side this is though

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Saw Dravid's recent interview on the series loss. He talked about giving players security and not chopping and changing too much. I like that, as badly as Bhuvi was bowling, he needed a fair chance before we just go with someone else. Our selections and random team changes have had a terrible impact on our white ball progress. Players are going to play conservatively(like Thakela Rahul) unless they know that they'll get a longer rope.
Hufflepuff! The Indian ODI side was settled for years and years. Minus players not playing due to injury/rotation the likes of Sharman, Dhawan, Kohli, Bumrah, Bhuvi, Jadeja have formed the core of the set up. I'm probably forgetting a few names too. There will always be the odd player or two gets given a go, that happens for all side. The issue is not coaching, selection or anything else, the issue is India keep winning in conditions that suit them and if they don't they fail pretty quickly.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Hufflepuff! The Indian ODI side was settled for years and years. Minus players not playing due to injury/rotation the likes of Sharman, Dhawan, Kohli, Bumrah, Bhuvi, Jadeja have formed the core of the set up. I'm probably forgetting a few names too. There will always be the odd player or two gets given a go, that happens for all side. The issue is not coaching, selection or anything else, the issue is India keep winning in conditions that suit them and if they don't they fail pretty quickly.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Well if they play with same selections they will lose to WI heavily on small Indian boundaries & fast outfields Aka Eden. I can imagine what Pooran Hetty Pollard Brandon King will do to our poor spin attack.
Dravid did talk about spinners &, they perhaps will dump Ashwin & maybe Chahal as well. Sundar will be back & I don't know Markande/Bishnoi. I don't know if Axar is fit.
Prasidh, Chahar did well so they'll get the backing.
Except spin department I don't think they will make many changes.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Well if they play with same selections they will lose to WI heavily on small Indian boundaries & fast outfields Aka Eden. I can imagine what Pooran Hetty Pollard Brandon King will do to our poor spin attack.
Dravid did talk about spinners &, they perhaps will dump Ashwin & maybe Chahal as well. Sundar will be back & I don't know Markande/Bishnoi. I don't know if Axar is fit.
Prasidh, Chahar did well so they'll get the backing.
Except spin department I don't think they will make many changes.
I think Bhuvi will be dropped and that's going to make a huge difference since he has really regressed with the ball.

Also, the collar chewer was shielded and given easy overs in all three games and yet he didn't trouble the SA batsmen much on slow wickets. He should go but even if he isn't out of the side, Axar/Jadeja will be picked since both provide much more than him with the ball and can bat and field.

So two of our main problem areas in bowling will be covered with the exclusion of Bhuvi and availability of Washi/Axar/Jadeja. Chahar has also inched ahead of the Lord and quite frankly, Lord Thakur is simply not suited to white ball cricket so it's better if he sticks to tests.

Bowling looks sweet with how it is going as of now.

Washi/Ash
Axar/Jaddu
Chahar/Thakur
Prasiddh/Shami
Bumrah/Avesh

I am quite positive about our next series.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I'm not sure what Indian fans expect from the young guys next in line. The 2 iyer's who were given a go in this series haven't been very good