• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is this about?
What does Supersport have to do with it when my understanding is Hawkeye uses its own cameras and just sends the tracking result to the tv producers to put on the screen
Kohli was referencing SuperSport's concentrated sleuth-like efforts to catch Bancroft in the act during Sandpapergate and suggested they should have their cameras follow the South Africans too when they 'shine' it. To clarify, SuperSport's broadcasting team had seen the Australian bowlers getting odd movement with an old ball and decided to keep their cameras on the fielders to watch them shine the ball, hence how the Bancroft's dirty deeds were caught on camera.

Had nothing to do with the DRS itself so it was an extremely strange comment to make. ITSTL though as a comment on that incident on its own.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why would Hawkeye need the regular tv feed to do that when they have their own cameras with much more sophisticated technology
I recall having read that somewhere during another hawkeye furore which was the issue. If at all it was clear the host broadcaster had no role, then it wont be an issue. But I think they do. If you are asking why, you will have to ask Hawkeye themselves, but this is what I remember.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is this about?
Since du Plessis was incidentally caught using a mint by Channel 9 in Australia Supersport have been a) out for revenge and b) realised the power the broadcaster has over that sort of thing, and they've been deliberately following the opposition team to ensure that anything untoward is seen. They don't do the same when South Africa is bowling. I also saw somewhere an allegation that they were deliberately leaving the stump mics up high to ensure that any untoward comments by the opposition can be heard (and brought to the match referee's attention obviously)

I expect coverage to be partisan (except whenever Kohli is down here the TV media absolutely fawn over him) but the allegation is that Supersport is trying in a partisan manner to find things that have serious implications and could see players fined or suspended, potentially influence the outcome of a match or series, or start a scandal.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Since du Plessis was incidentally caught using a mint by Channel 9 in Australia Supersport have been a) out for revenge and b) realised the power the broadcaster has over that sort of thing, and they've been deliberately following the opposition team to ensure that anything untoward is seen. They don't do the same when South Africa is bowling. I also saw somewhere an allegation that they were deliberately leaving the stump mics up high to ensure that any untoward comments by the opposition can be heard (and brought to the match referee's attention obviously)

I expect coverage to be partisan (except whenever Kohli is down here the TV media absolutely fawn over him) but the allegation is that Supersport is trying in a partisan manner to find things that have serious implications and could see players fined or suspended, potentially influence the outcome of a match or series, or start a scandal.
SuperSport care more about the Carabao Cup than they do about this test match.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I believe, or at least suspect based on his public commentary since, that Kohli sympathised with the infamous three more than most others. It wouldn't be surprising if this beef with SS predates this series.

halba

International 12th Man
most of the indian top order batters careers are over overseas.

They cannot play seam bowling. mayank, puj, rahul, rahane have pathetic records against seam bowling overseas recently. kohli is out of form.

rishabh pant just saved face.
that was one seriously inept performance from the world's no.1 test side.

its fair to say, in these conditions, the best team in tests is definitely new zealand.