• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah disagree. Rabada is a bonafide ATG, and Jansen and Keegan have really lifted up the quality of this side. Elgar's been a gun for ages, their pace attack is solid, and they're a better fielding unit too. And they're at home.

Our lineup has struggled for runs for ages, we're missing key players (Rohit, Jadeja) to injury or loss of form (Ishant would have been massive). Fielding wise this side isn't great.

India were favourites pre tour but this isn't a result to be mad about
Cope. This is a terrible result.

Sa should be proud though, played better.

cnerd123

likes this
Cope. This is a terrible result.

Sa should be proud though, played better.
I mean if SA were beating us at Ahmedabad with net bowlers and Elgar out of the country then yea, terrible result.

Losing to them 2-1 away from home without or best XI while they've unearthed two generational talents isn't the worst result. Opportunity squandered but that happens.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I think instead of ranting at stump mics they should quietly forfeit the game. Ball tracking has been dodgy throughout the series starting from that Mayank dismissal in 1st test.

Chrish

International Debutant
I mean, frankly even if India eke out a win here, its not much to write home about. They should never have been pushed this far by this SA side.
I think you are pushing “this SA side” narrative bit too far.. They aren’t the same team. They have found KP and Jansen who were no longer there in previous series and have been a key difference in SA’s performance. They also don’t have Faf who was fraction of his former self in past few years. And don’t have players who don’t want to be there in the first place ie. De Kock.

Only passenger in their side is Aiden.

subshakerz

International Coach
Nah disagree. Rabada is a bonafide ATG, and Jansen and Keegan have really lifted up the quality of this side. Elgar's been a gun for ages, their pace attack is solid, and they're a better fielding unit too. And they're at home.

Our lineup has struggled for runs for ages, we're missing key players (Rohit, Jadeja) to injury or loss of form (Ishant would have been massive). Fielding wise this side isn't great.

India were favourites pre tour but this isn't a result to be mad about
Yeah but they beat them comfortably in the first test and they just needed to close the series. And this is a SA batting side that cant score 300.

All India needed was for 1-2 of their top 5 to have a moderately good series with the bat. They dont have any excuse.

cnerd123

likes this
I think you are pushing “this SA side” narrative bit too far.. They aren’t the same team. They have found KP and Jansen who were no longer there in previous series and have been a key difference in SA’s performance. They also don’t have Faf who was fraction of his former self in past few years. And don’t have players who don’t want to be there in the first place ie. De Kock.

The keeper is a pretty terrible bat too tbf, and Rassie hasn't done much. But yea, 8/11 are pretty decent. It's not that bad a team and they've played well.

Yeah but they beat them comfortably in the first test and they just needed to close the series. And this is a SA batting side that cant score 300.

All India needed was for 1-2 of their top 5 to have a moderately good series with the bat. They dont have any excuse.
It's definitely a missed opportunity. Disappointing, but at least we're being outplayed by a decent team on their home turf.

Big wicket to end the day. Still well behind tho.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I mean if SA were beating us at Ahmedabad with net bowlers and Elgar out of the country then yea, terrible result.

Losing to them 2-1 away from home without or best XI while they've unearthed two generational talents isn't the worst result. Opportunity squandered but that happens.
Expectations are higher now. Just competing and losing a series away isn't going to cut it, in this fashion especially. All due respect to saf who are a good team still but India were slight favorites at least going Into this series.

subshakerz

International Coach

This SA team is comfortably the worst since readmission. I dont think there is a doubt about that.