• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rahane can't build an ODI innings can he. Just seems to have no game sense and instead decides to choose a gear randomly and sticks with it.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Whats Dhoni upto??
7 off 19!
I honestly think he is well past it and is a liability as a batsman but still a great keeper and senior leader.

Dendarii

International Debutant
This is only the fifth time that Duminy has bowled his full quota of overs. The last occasion was in 2013

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Rahane can't build an ODI innings can he. Just seems to have no game sense and instead decides to choose a gear randomly and sticks with it.
That's been my view of Rahane though he had a good run with some 4-5 fifties on the trott.

And for crying out loud, why can't Dhoni bat at #4?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Whats Dhoni upto??
7 off 19!
I honestly think he is well past it and is a liability as a batsman but still a great keeper and senior leader.
Dhoni had a very average 2016 averaging 27 and SR of 80. But on either side of it he has done well. In 2015 he averaged 47 at SR of 87. In 2017 he averaged 65 at SR of 84. Nothing to scoff at. His hitting ability is demonstrably inferior to his yesteryears but he will still be a handy #4. I don't know how many teams have better #4 candidates. Don't know why India insists on playing him at 6 or 7.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni had a very average 2016 averaging 27 and SR of 80. But on either side of it he has done well. In 2015 he averaged 47 at SR of 87. In 2017 he averaged 65 at SR of 84. Nothing to scoff at. His hitting ability is demonstrably inferior to his yesteryears but he will still be a handy #4. I don't know how many teams have better #4 candidates. Don't know why India insists on playing him at 6 or 7.
Hmm. He is out now.

Indian batting is so out of date outside of the top order. The middle order is unconvincing plus they are unable to do big hitting at the death. So even when India are like 240 after 40 overs, India still only get like 325 after 50 instead of 340-350+.

Its basically a top heavy lineup or a 3 man lineup ..Rohit, Dhawan and Virat are the ONLY batsmen you can expect to do well. The rest are hit and miss (mostly miss), so on occasions when India loses the top order early, opposition can finish the Indian lineup off without too much trouble if they bowl well. So its not that great a lineup tbh! Thats why Pakistan won against India in the final of CT.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ugh. Total no show from our middle/lower order. Hopefully Bhuvi's ODI batting form is still a thing.