• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Dendarii

International Debutant
Newlands has hosted 29 day-night matches, and 23 have been won by the team batting first (and it's 23 out of 27 if you discount two matches where Canada and Kenya batted first). So why would you win the toss and bowl? :confused1

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Rabada and Ngidi opening the bowling together for the first time - this has the potential to go on for the next 12 years

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Newlands has hosted 29 day-night matches, and 23 have been won by the team batting first (and it's 23 out of 27 if you discount two matches where Canada and Kenya batted first). So why would you win the toss and bowl? :confused1
Give the bowlers an opportunity to get 50 overs in? Rather than get bowled out for <200......

Stefan9

International Debutant
Because it's changed the last season or so gotten better for chasing. Also most of those games started at 14:30.

Also add the fact that India's strength is chasing.

SeamUp

International Coach
I also wonder how worried they are trying to set a score with Kuldeep and Yuzvendra. They not sure how aggressive they need to be.

So weird how the ODI game has changed. Where spinners make you think like that.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any type of wicket against SA in pyjama cricket he loves.
Haha, had no idea his record was so good against SA.

Also wtf was that shot from Kohli lol. One of those EA cricket lofted backfoot drives. Reminds me of that backfoot punch for six he played on the onside against Australia iirc.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa just can’t exert any pressure. Highest run chase at Newlands was 18 years ago and that was only 250 odd. They are nearly out of this before the halfway stage.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
While Tahir does not have a great record against India, he has simply been the plaster over the cracks in this SA LO bowling, if he stops performing then we get into serious trouble and I don't actually see a real solution....

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent catch. Markram is gonna be a really good slip fielder I think..... (Yes I know he was at mid-wicket, but just the way he catches and reactions he has. )

Dendarii

International Debutant
While Tahir does not have a great record against India, he has simply been the plaster over the cracks in this SA LO bowling, if he stops performing then we get into serious trouble and I don't actually see a real solution....
Duminy now has more wickets than Tahir in the series so far. :-O