• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Jadeja's bowling has improved more than people are giving him credit for.

Not sure this Wicket suits India though.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
But seriously, Graeme Smith showing why no one rates him as a captain. Bringing on a spinner so early into the innings is just silly

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Why didn't Dhoni play two spinners on this pitch? He is such a weasel on overseas pitches that play to India's strengths. Refused to play two spinners at Sydney or Adelaide. Refused to play two spinners at The Oval. Ugh

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Well a lot of captains do it to test the pitch amd determine tactics.
Murali Vijay is not a good player of pace bowling. He has shown good temperament thus far, but the pacers will starve him of runs. Bring on a spinner, and he'll get a release and just feast.

Besides, you need just one over to test out a pitch.

Jassy

Banned
Why didn't Dhoni play two spinners on this pitch? He is such a weasel on overseas pitches that play to India's strengths. Refused to play two spinners at Sydney or Adelaide. Refused to play two spinners at The Oval. Ugh
Yeah, he really should have played two spinners here, but who does he drop? I think Rohit is a liability in such conditions because you can't drop him after one innings when he's started off his test career with two back to back hundreds. That only leaves Rahane and I would have dropped him. Don't rate him at all, the most overrated of India's young batsmen. Did bugger all with the bat in the last match. Grateful that he got those two run outs but you can't have someone in the team for that. In SA conditions, Ashwin and Rahane are both as likely to score runs (or not score runs) and despite the former's travails in overseas pitches this pitch might have suited him. Worst case scenario he could buy some time for our quicks. Dhoni/team management has definitely missed a trick here IMO.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah, he really should have played two spinners here, but who does he drop? I think Rohit is a liability in such conditions because you can't drop him after one innings when he's started off his test career with two back to back hundreds. That only leaves Rahane and I would have dropped him. Don't rate him at all, the most overrated of India's young batsmen. Did bugger all with the bat in the last match. Grateful that he got those two run outs but you can't have someone in the team for that. In SA conditions, Ashwin and Rahane are both as likely to score runs (or not score runs) and despite the former's travails in overseas pitches this pitch might have suited him. Worst case scenario he could buy some time for our quicks. Dhoni/team management has definitely missed a trick here IMO.
Drop Ishant.

And I strongly disagree with your assessments of Rahane and Rohit. Two of the most accomplished fc batsmen from India and their techniques have not looked at sea here in SA. If they show good temperament with their shot selection, they should go well during this run of overseas series

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
With this pitch, you'd have to think that a winning side will only bat once. Can India's attack bowl three days on the trot?