• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but you pick batsmen to bat and bowlers to bowl
I don't agree completely with this..The bowlers should be able to atleast bat a bit so that they can provide support to a batsman at the other end..And we are seeing all over the world how important the tail's role has become.. Just see the Ashes and how England is suffering because of the tail not performing as before..

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Really hate the selection for Jadeja over Ashwin. Not because I think it will fail, but because I think this is a better pitch for Ashwin than Jadeja. Jadeja is better for spin-unfriendly pitches where India needs roundarm darts and maidens from its spinner. But if it turns later as they say and as it has turned in the past, Ashwin is a better selection.

Unless Jadeja has radically improved his bowling action (which I wouldn't trust Fletcher and Dhoni to truly know about), I'd have rather see Ashwin here. Better bowler, better batsman

Jadeja will have better figures here than Ashwin did in the last match, and then we'll see folks start saying Jadeja is the better spinner. Ugh

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Way, way too early to tell but I hope this turns out to be a result pitch. I wouldn't be happy with a draw - even an exciting one.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
4th consecutive drawn series b/w SA and Ind might be on the cards, given that there's some bad weather forecast for this test and the pitch is probably not as spicy as expected.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steyn's trying a bit too hard. well it's understanable considering he's lost his no.1 position.
He probably isn't getting swing. He does crank it up when that happens. Hardly think it means he's trying too hard. I was just taking the piss when I said he was frustrated