• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well i must say i'm surprised of how dominatn India's batting has been & how weakish PAK bowling has been even without Akhtar. I reckon Sami wont be playing again for pakistan soon, while Yuvraj seems to have finally matured into a top-class batsman..

Xuhaib

International Coach
Is this just a golden run of form or Yuvraj has really matured in to a world class batsman.

Last edited:

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
Xuhaib said:
Is this just a golden run of form or Yuvraj has really matured in to a world class batsman.
It was quite visible in his batting, his mannerisms n post match comments that he has matured to a real class act. With Sehwag, Yuvraj will be the star batsman of the Indian side after Sachin and Dravid are gone. Though Dhoni is making strong claims as well. I loved his speech in the presentation ceremony when he said that the best thing about his batting this series was his consistency. Earlier that was his biggest shortcoming. He would show flashes of brilliance with long periods of run droughts. He has shown that he not only recognizes and is working towards solving that problem but is actually succeeding.

I also found it a bit funny that he was made to walk so much during the ceremony with his bad leg and everything. Poor guy.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Never was with Dhoni in and so many to come, really. Whack, whack, whack, curtains.
yeah it's really been like that these past few matches, hasn't it?:) hopefully it continues till the wc and beyond....

danish

U19 12th Man
Jono said:
Has anyone noticed Dhoni's patented "I'm going to try and catch up to my partner's score now even though he's batted 15-20 overs more than me" he always does at the end of an innings whilst chasing. He almost did it to Yuvraj in the 3rd ODI, and he tried again today. :p
Not to mention Sehwag's 'I'm going to treble my partner's score after we've both batted for 20 overs.' Ouch that hurt...

Xuhaib

International Coach
No Indo-Pak series for 2 years which means we will not see guys like Vandematram, nehrafan for a while.

danish

U19 12th Man
Despite this defeat to India, I think Pakistan should persist with the same team and should not view this series as their downfall, but a minor slip up. The two main changes that should definately take place IMO are the dropping of Rana Naved ul Hasan in place of Umar Gul. Rana Naved bowled atrociously throughout the whole series, and should be given time to rectify his bowling problems. On the other hand, Umar Gul bowled a penetrating spell in the 2nd ODI, which showed that despite his long absence from the game, he still has the potential that made him such a hot prospect for Pakistan. The other major change should be made to the batting order. The ridiculous experimenting should be stopped, and Pakistan should revert back to the old batting order that they were so successful with against England. Shoaib Malik has a definate weakness against a moving ball, so he should bat lower down the order when the ball has lost its shine. At this position, he can also hit out at the end of the innings and would be formidable alongside a fit Shahid Afridi and Abdul Razzaq. Younis Khan is a very good accumulator of runs, not a big risk taker, so he should bat at number 3 as he can rebuild the innings after the loss of early wickets. Inzamam and Mohammad Yousuf have both shown what happens to the team when they bat lower down the order and they should go back up the order to provide stability and structure to the innings.

Bowling wise, as Imran Khan said, Pakistan should make it a priority to hire a fast bowling coach. Talents like Mohammad Asif and Umar Gul as well as Shoaib Akhtar can be easily misused if they are not given proper advice on bowling and fitness.

IMO the Pakistani team has even more talent than the Indian team, but the major difference between the two sides that made India outright winners was their ability to gel as a team and use the right strategy. Rahul Dravid, Greg Chappell and the Indian players fully deserve their series victory.

danish

U19 12th Man
Xuhaib said:
No Indo-Pak series for 2 years which means we will not see guys like Vandematram, nehrafan for a while.
Pakistani fans don't have to encounter the trolls for two years, but spare a thought for the English fans who are inevitably to meet the trolls next month.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Xuhaib said:
They'll be back if India have a good day / session / hour / hour against England.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
danish said:
The two main changes that should definately take place IMO are the dropping of Rana Naved ul Hasan in place of Umar Gul. Rana Naved bowled atrociously throughout the whole series, and
Hmmm.. I reckon Rana should be allowed to bowl against Sri Lanka

nehrafan

Banned
danish said:
IMO the Pakistani team has even more talent than the Indian team, but the major difference between the two sides that made India outright winners was their ability to gel as a team and use the right strategy. Rahul Dravid, Greg Chappell and the Indian players fully deserve their series victory.

:clap::clap: They indeed have a special talent , which was well displayed today, and which is unmatched throughout the globe!

danish

U19 12th Man
nehrafan said:
"If".....:laugh:

As if there was a doubt about India's win over England in comming series!
You know, you really don't do much to improve your perceived intelligence among CW members.

nehrafan

Banned
danish said:
You know, you really don't do much to improve your perceived intelligence among CW members.
You know, if you just wait till the series actually beings, then you will know as to what i was talking about.8-)

danish

U19 12th Man
nehrafan said:
You know, if you just wait till the series actually beings, then you will know as to what i was talking about.8-)
OK... so a team in the world's top 4 with probably the best fast bowling attack in the world has no chance whatsoever against the omnipotent Indian team?:blink:

nehrafan

Banned
danish said:
OK... so a team in the world's top 4 with probably the best fast bowling attack in the world has no chance whatsoever against the omnipotent Indian team?:blink:
The fact that they are playing on Indian pitches means nothing to you..huh??

England end up losing to Pak, they certainly has very little (most former Indian players has given "no chance") chance of winning the series.

danish

U19 12th Man
nehrafan said:
The fact that they are playing on Indian pitches means nothing to you..huh??

England end up losing to Pak, they certainly has very little (most former Indian players has given "no chance") chance of winning the series.
Do these former Indian players include the 'respected' Bishan Singh Bedi? Because even you must have the intelligence to realise that this guy is the biggest BSer to come out of the subcontinent.