• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

nehrafan

Banned
danish said:
Do these former Indian players include the 'respected' Bishan Singh Bedi? Because even you must have the intelligence to realise that this guy is the biggest BSer to come out of the subcontinent.
Kambli and Veingsarkar, Bedi has so far not said anything about the series, or atleast i don't know about it.

Note:beating India in India is not easy, only a couple of teams has done it, and there is a great chance that India will maintain its great home record this time around, especially when the team is on a high after humiliating Pak in ODI.:)

nehrafan

Banned
Considering Akhtar is out with injury, Umar gul is also struggling with illness,Rana Naveed is totally out of form while the likes of Sami has proved to be a failure, it will be a good idea if Pakistan take any one of teen boys "Anwar Ali" or "Jamshed Ahmad" to Sl for the test series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nehrafan said:
You know, if you just wait till the series actually beings, then you will know as to what i was talking about.8-)
And yet you're allowed to pass judgement well before the series begins? Interesting method, that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

nehrafan said:
England end up losing to Pak, they certainly has very little (most former Indian players has given "no chance") chance of winning the series.
The India end up losing to Pakistan. Go figure.

There's a chance that both teams gained a thing or two in experience from defeat, but given that England's came in unfamiliar subcontinental conditions, you'd think their experience is more revelant to the upcoming series. Don't write England off. McGrath did, then he stepped on a ball. Do you want to step on a ball?

Mr Mxyzptlk

nehrafan said:
:clap::clap: They indeed have a special talent , which was well displayed today, and which is unmatched throughout the globe!
You're either adding impressive sarcasm to your gameplan or you just agreed that Pakistan is a more talented bunch than India.

nehrafan

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And yet you're allowed to pass judgement well before the series begins? Interesting method, that.
I'm predicting an Indian win, i guess i should wait till the series is finished to come up with the prediction:laugh:

nehrafan

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The India end up losing to Pakistan. Go figure.

There's a chance that both teams gained a thing or two in experience from defeat, but given that England's came in unfamiliar subcontinental conditions, you'd think their experience is more revelant to the upcoming series. Don't write England off. McGrath did, then he stepped on a ball. Do you want to step on a ball?
India lost it 1-0 and not 2-0.

England would find it difficult to handle Indian spin, and English spinner would do nothing in India, i don't see how England can win a series in India.

danish

U19 12th Man
nehrafan said:
Considering Akhtar is out with injury, Umar gul is also struggling with illness,Rana Naveed is totally out of form while the likes of Sami has proved to be a failure, it will be a good idea if Pakistan take any one of teen boys "Anwar Ali" or "Jamshed Ahmad" to Sl for the test series.
T'would be an interesting prospect to play 1 or 2 of the U-19s, but Rana Naved is probably just going through a rough patch and should have a chance to make amends after a month's break. Umar Gul's illness is only short term and providing that he doesn't sustain another injury, should be fit for the tour. Sami IMO should play, as he has definately shown an improvement in the India series.

BTW, does anyone know the full itinery of the Pakistan in Sri Lanka tour? On Cricinfo, it says Pakistan will only play 2 tests against SL.

Mr Mxyzptlk

nehrafan said:
I'm predicting an Indian win, i guess i should wait till the series is finished to come up with the prediction:laugh:
And he's predicting that India may not necessarily win, yet you're forcing your "prediction" onto him.....dot dot dot.. :laugh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

nehrafan said:
India lost it 1-0 and not 2-0.

England would find it difficult to handle Indian spin, and English spinner would do nothing in India, i don't see how England can win a series in India.
You're lack of perception is stunning, in this situation at least.

India drew 0-0 on pitches that wouldn't even have allowed Geoff Boycott's mom to bowl out Geoff Boycott's mom. In the 1-off Test with a sporting pitch, India lost 1-0.

nehrafan

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You're lack of perception is stunning, in this situation at least.

India drew 0-0 on pitches that wouldn't even have allowed Geoff Boycott's mom to bowl out Geoff Boycott's mom. In the 1-off Test with a sporting pitch, India lost 1-0.
Look who's talking L:laugh: L

The pitches that resulted in a draw b/w Indo-Pak were not different from the one that was used for England Pakistan series.

Amazing you didn't even knew that8-)

nehrafan

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And he's predicting that India may not necessarily win, yet you're forcing your "prediction" onto him.....dot dot dot.. :laugh:
No , he was asking me not to confident about an Indian win, i only objected to that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

nehrafan said:
Look who's talking L:laugh: L

The pitches that resulted in a draw b/w Indo-Pak were not different from the one that was used for England Pakistan series.

Amazing you didn't even knew that8-)
Oh. Oops. So let me get this straight...

England's bowlers managed to bowl Pakistan out for less than ridiculous totals.
Pakistan's bowlers managed to bowl England out for less than ridiculous totals.
Then...
India's bowlers didn't manage to bowl Pakistan out at all.
Pakistan's bowlers didn't manage to bowl India out at all.

England's bowlers > Pakistan's bowlers >>> India's bowlers... yet Pakistan beat England 2-0. If only England had some quality about their batting, because they should have been reached 400/0 consistently really. Thanks for clearing that up.

I refuse to believe that the pitch that India reached 400odd for no loss was in the same condition as those that produced such thrilling Test matches when England toured Pakistan.

nehrafan

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I refuse to believe that the pitch that India reached 400odd for no loss was in the same condition as those that produced such thrilling Test matches when England toured Pakistan.
Who cares what you believes in?? fact that the pitches were about the same.

Mr Mxyzptlk

nehrafan said:
Why exactly is that the fact? Because it supports your agenda?

Does. Not. Compute.
^ You've just blown me away with your amazing theory and point of view.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
nehrafan said:
Unbelieveable. That is like saying the pitch for the 1st and 2nd tests vs India were about the same as the 3rd test pitch.

nehrafan

Banned
sirjeremy11 said:
Unbelieveable. That is like saying the pitch for the 1st and 2nd tests vs India were about the same as the 3rd test pitch.
Should be unbelieveable for someone who make up the mind by just reading the scorecards rather than actually watch the match in action.

Pak played against England on placcid pitches, the only time they made a lively pitch was when they made the English team ply in practice games.

adharcric

International Coach
Seriously nehrafan, stop with the baseless arguments. India has a deep batting lineup and an improving pace attack which may see lots of changes after the rubbish performances against Pakistan. England also have some quality batsman but they haven't supported the bowling of late, which is quite penetrative when at its best with flintoff, harmison and jones. It should be a good, close series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

nehrafan said:
Should be unbelieveable for someone who make up the mind by just reading the scorecards rather than actually watch the match in action.
I tend to get my pitch news from the men who actually played on it. The Indians certainly weren't shy of calling the pitches in Pakistan ridiculous. I'm certain neither England nor Pakistan shared the same views during their battle royale.