• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

Kirkut

International Regular
Ok, not quite the series I expected from Bumrah, maybe I had way too high expectations after he sent stumps flying in WI but still very good bowling especially in the last innings.

Kirkut

International Regular
This was the lamest batting performance I've seen from us for a while. It was 2011 8-0 levels of awful. 4-5 batsman made 100 runs apiece over four goes. The #1 ranked batsman before this tour batted worse than Shami. Disgraceful.

There's not much to blame in terms of the usual suspects. Toss, selections, fielding, bowling have no place in the conversation this time.
Atleast 2011 had Dravid going god mode one last time and rookie kohli coming into his own.

This tour had absolutely no positives from a batting perspective.
Nothing beats 2011 UK tour, to me that was the watershed moment of being a fan, things were never the same. Sure not like we won many games overseas but mental capitulation was an alien concept to me until that series.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who was the Indian fielder who was reportedly cheating by trying to call for the batsman? Seems like a pretty ****ing dumb thing to do. Kind of like Smith's "brain fade" but potentially worse because it could actually influence the game.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ok, not quite the series I expected from Bumrah, maybe I had way too high expectations after he sent stumps flying in WI but still very good bowling especially in the last innings.
To be fair in the final innings here I thought he bowled superbly without much luck, which was the case for a lot of his NZ tour.

There's a fair amount of time between now and their tour of Australia. A lot can happen - you'd expect the Indians to really hunker down and work out their problems. Australia, who looked invincible this summer, will be relying on Cummins, Starc and Hazlwood to essentially not lose any of their magic between now and then. It's going to be one hell of a series.

As for NZ, some interesting selection headaches for the Bangladeshi tour. Do we at least have any A games between now and then?

DriveClub

International Regular
Slippy has a lot to answer for indian batsmens failings. He seems to be working on voodoo dark magic by opening all these threads, he's playing 4d chess

DriveClub

International Regular
Aus should be able to stream roll this Indian team now. With Warner, Smith and Marnus it should be a no contest in home conditions.

Kirkut

International Regular
To be fair in the final innings here I thought he bowled superbly without much luck, which was the case for a lot of his NZ tour.

There's a fair amount of time between now and their tour of Australia. A lot can happen - you'd expect the Indians to really hunker down and work out their problems. Australia, who looked invincible this summer, will be relying on Cummins, Starc and Hazlwood to essentially not lose any of their magic between now and then. It's going to be one hell of a series.

As for NZ, some interesting selection headaches for the Bangladeshi tour. Do we at least have any A games between now and then?
I am happy with the way our bowlers bowled, it's the batting which is an issue. Let's not forget that bad support from batsmen can hurt the morale of even great bowlers.

What I found so strange was that NZ bowlers were able to swing the kookaburra but Bumrah was bowling seam.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I personally think going forward for the WTC all tests should be a standardised 3 test series. You could still have 4 and 5 test series but the 4th and 5th dont count towards points (Ashes, Border-Gavaskar etc).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I personally think going forward for the WTC all tests should be a standardised 3 test series. You could still have 4 and 5 test series but the 4th and 5th dont count towards points (Ashes, Border-Gavaskar etc).
Nah, the team who wins the first 2 tests and loses the last three will be happy despite losing the series, obviously the other team wouldn't be.

Points should be based partly on series results, with bonuses for individual wins which are then weighted on how many in a series like they are now

Basically, series win, 120 points.

Win a 3 match series 3-0, get 120 + 120 = 240

Win a 5 match 3-2, get 120 + 72 = 192

One side clean swept, one didn't.

idk

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is this sarcasm?

Nope. Check out any of his other interviews. The guy takes immense pride in test cricket and doing well away from home, is ultra competitive and will want to right a bad record a lot more than saying lazy stuff like " we will see when they come to our place". That is a lot more Gautam Gambhir or Rohit Sharma. IT just shows you have never really followed the guy's career and his interviews.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah, the team who wins the first 2 tests and loses the last three will be happy despite losing the series, obviously the other team wouldn't be.

Points should be based partly on series results, with bonuses for individual wins which are then weighted on how many in a series like they are now

idk
I liked Brand's idea but yours is definitely better.

DriveClub

International Regular

idk
I could get behind this idea tbh

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
The problem with that allocation is if you win a 5 match series 1-0 then one team gets 176 and the other gets 32 points.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hmm.. by my calculation it will be 144 and 48? Maybe the test series win should be 50 pointer. Then this will be 74 and 48, which makes more sense.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm.. by my calculation it will be 144 and 48? Maybe the test series win should be 50 pointer. Then this will be 74 and 48, which makes more sense.
120 for the series win + 24 for 1 test win + 32 for four draws = 176 for the winning team
32 points for four draws for the losing team

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah I for some reason thought draws were 12 points, like splitting the 24. So their logic is a draw is 8 points but win is worth 3 times the draw. Is it the same for a two test series or is a draw worth 20 then?

Either way, I will take this calculation. Win = 120 / no. of tests. Draw = win for the series / 3. Series win = 10*number of tests. If you go by the old adage of it being tougher to win longer series. Will also throw in bonus points for away wins - 10 for a test win, 25 for a series win. Seems more fair to me.

Last edited:

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
It shouldn't be possible to get more points from longer series because that's unfair to the teams who don't get opportunities to play those series because no one wants to play them for series that long