• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Massive props to Mccullum. We've been terrible with the ball and in the field but that's irrelevant, really. To bat for the best part of two days to sage his team from a hopeless position is just an epic effort. Honestly one of the best innings I've seen in the last few years considering the situation. Unbelievable effort.

Blocky

Banned
The issue now is how does Baz top this? With a public that loves to get on his back and ride him when he's down, this is easily the best counter punching innings for NZ and arguably only second best to a certain Indian against Australia a few years ago in very similar situations.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Simple, stop playing every home Test on square turners, playing so many ODI's on wickets where 350 is a minimum, and having 2 test series overseas rather than 3 test series. Until India do that, they will continue to fail miserably overseas.
lol @ "fail miserably", India came within 40 runs of winning the previous test, and even this one looks to be a draw, it's taken 4 ridiculously good innings from NZ/SA batsmen to deny India away test victories. Sure India can do a few things differently, but what you suggested isn't one of them.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
for those who saw it, is this an ATG rearguard from McCullum?
I only watched his batting today. He countered the new ball well, but otherwise Indian bowling has been toothless. Herculean effort regardless and it's ATG just based on the situation really.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Massive props to Mccullum. We've been terrible with the ball and in the field but that's irrelevant, really. To bat for the best part of two days to sage his team from a hopeless position is just an epic effort. Honestly one of the best innings I've seen in the last few years considering the situation. Unbelievable effort.
You really weren't terrible with the ball when he first came in yesterday arvo. The bowling was in the right place. McCullum and Watling both had to mine deep to find the concentration to keep out the bowling yesterday. It paid dividends today, but we did wonder how the Indian seamers would pull up after so many overs in one day between the three of them.

OverratedSanity

If Mccullum gets to his triple it'll be the only instance of a second innings triple since Hanif's 337. Even as an Indian, I hope he gets there. I need to see a second innings triple. Has to happen

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
lol @ "fail miserably", India came within 40 runs of winning the previous test, and even this one looks to be a draw, it's taken 4 ridiculously good innings from NZ/SA batsmen to deny India away test victories. Sure India can do a few things differently, but what you suggested isn't one of them.
Was referring to India's performance over a longer period of times, ie Eng 2011 Aus 2011-12. Performed ok last test after being in a poor position, but it looks like they'll have nothing to show for it.

And for a team as wealthy and well supported as India, merely getting to within 40 runs of winning a test overseas, against lowly ranked opposition, shouldn't be seen as any type of achievement.
Doubt Australian or South Africans would look at it like that.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think you can be too harsh on a fielding side for being a bit limp once a third new ball is being taken. Before then, maybe.

Zinzan

The issue now is how does Baz top this? With a public that loves to get on his back and ride him when he's down, this is easily the best counter punching innings for NZ and arguably only second best to a certain Indian against Australia a few years ago in very similar situations.
If NZ do miraculously get up tomorrow, the innings could well be argued to be > than Laxman (with Dravid) as the best rearguard counter-punch knock.

Ruckus

International Captain
I only watched his batting today. He countered the new ball well, but otherwise Indian bowling has been toothless. Herculean effort regardless and it's ATG just based on the situation really.
yeah, even if (no idea if they have or haven't) the bowling/captaincy/fielding/pitch conditions have been hopeless for India, the situation NZ have come back from is pretty amazing. Has McCullum been dropped at all/ Edit Shri...?