• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Flem274*

123/5
so we're going to surrender then.

india have bowled very well this morning. they haven't just relied on the first morning green top to put nz so far behind they have all the time in the world to win. this game will probably end today if this is how we're going to go down.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Just watching the highlights, it looks like our batsmen aren't quite reading the lines good enough when they are driving. Rutherford's dismissal in particular, if he had tried to play that ball more through the covers he wouldn't have edged it

jcas0167

International Debutant
Brownlie's form is so rotten, I can't imagine him getting another call up. I think Guptill will come back in.
Brownlie scored 41 and 98 in his last game. He should always be in consideration for games outside the sub-continent and against good pace attacks.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Barring a NZ record stand between the keepers we've gone from looking the goods to ****house in record turnaround time.

Athlai

Not Terrible
That Dhoni partnership has really just utterly taken the game away from us. If we had knocked India over for that 300-350 mark I think there would be some actual confidence out there. Getting ourselves to a 150-200 odd lead would be accomplish-able and would keep us however remotely in the game.

But this? We're still 120 down? Even the guys out there know we're utterly ****ed.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Impressive from Watling and McCullum, even though it seems McCullum has been fairly lucky. Nice to see Watling look controlled and generally in better form.

That Dhoni partnership has really just utterly taken the game away from us. If we had knocked India over for that 300-350 mark I think there would be some actual confidence out there. Getting ourselves to a 150-200 odd lead would be accomplish-able and would keep us however remotely in the game.

But this? We're still 120 down? Even the guys out there know we're utterly ****ed.
McCullum and Watling should still back themselves for centuries here, as should any batsman that's proven themselves at this level really. Look to the way India batted in their second innings in Auckland for inspiration. With runs from Williamson, Latham and Anderson we still could have been targeting a 200 run lead, though agree it's more than a little difficult from here.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Doull talking sense on NZ's lack of openers down the years.

Speaking of openers, Watling the former opener still looking sus defending at too many balls outside offstump and the new ball will be along in an over.