• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Probably a good tactic by India to lose four wickets to short balls on one of the fastest pitches in NZ in the first ODI. Now we're going to overbowl the short ball to a ridiculous degree on slower pitches for the rest of the series.

Blocky

Banned
It still only takes history and nothing else into account. I'll trust my spidey sense.
And yet still accurately predicts most results, the creators of WASP are completely transparent that it doesn't take team form, who the batsman is, what the weather is like or anything other than the history of that format of cricket into account when it makes an assessment. It's a new form of analysis that's surely better than Ian Smith or Craig McMillan prattling on.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
And yet still accurately predicts most results, the creators of WASP are completely transparent that it doesn't take team form, who the batsman is, what the weather is like or anything other than the history of that format of cricket into account when it makes an assessment. It's a new form of analysis that's surely better than Ian Smith or Craig McMillan prattling on.
It's OK if you look at it as a signal of what has happened in the PAST. But I don't like it used as a predictor, because it's not predicting anything really.

Blocky

Banned
I'd get the bowlers on now, Williamson and Anderson, get them in and try get those three out as soon as they can. There is no point waiting on a wicket here.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
I'm genuinely developing an immense dislike for Mitch. He just seems to be the antithesis of everything good about the game of cricket. I can't wait for the day he stops taking jammy ****ing wickets with his yuck 135km half-trackers and ****s right off.

Blocky

Banned
It's OK if you look at it as a signal of what has happened in the PAST. But I don't like it used as a predictor, because it's not predicting anything really.
It is, it's predicting what a team will likely score based on their current match situation - it adjusts dynamically as the match situation changes meaning you can use it as an indicator on how a team is placed to win a game. Could it be better? Yes. I know for a fact that they're already working on adjustments to bring more information about the current player and format into account but also you have to remember that NZC has part ownership of a lot of the statistical modelling in behind it and they won't want to release everything they know.