• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kumble has never really looked that flash over here to be honest, but he still must be the man most likely to, judging by the seamers' efforts so far.

BTW, why is RPS "Medium Fast" & the others "Fast Medium" when there seems no appreciable difference in pace between any of them?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Oh my God, the new ball shouldn't be a full bat's width away from the batsman! It's either way outside off or right on his legs....this is ridiculous.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm fully expecting Sreesanth to come good in his second spell, but this kind of a start to a Test match is inexcusable.

Very unlucky there though, could've had Cook.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
As I've said before I'd love for VRV to be in the team. Zaheer, Sreesanth and RP are all...well...too similar imo i.e pitch up and swing bowlers. VRV is genuine pace and I think you need a bit of that.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
We're in India. It's the Indian team in action, in a must-win series against England...
...but..
We can't WATCH it!!!

GRRR...money-grabbing STAR!

HeathDavisSpeed

You remind me of Phil Kearns talking about scrums :p
You know I don't like to blow my own trumpet (I was very, very fast by the way) but the bowling so far today has been shocking. This isn't test match bowling. They aren't bending their backs, they aren't bowling to a plan... They look clueless. I'm disappointed mostly in Zaheer Khan as he should know better.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
India need to be carefull as has been said earlier Englands strengh at home is scoring 400+ in their 1st Innings but also scoring them quickly giving them plenty of time to bowl out the opposition aswell as allowing them to have attacking fields all innings and 2 new balls if required.
Star Cricket just brought up a stat of the last four 500+ scores (at Lord's I believe) scored by England and all matches ended in draws.

Fiery

Banned
You know I don't like to blow my own trumpet (I was very, very fast by the way) but the bowling so far today has been shocking. This isn't test match bowling. They aren't bending their backs, they aren't bowling to a plan... They look clueless. I'm disappointed mostly in Zaheer Khan as he should know better.
Yeah the bowling has been pants alright

Perm

TBF Zaheer bowled well during his first two of overs and found the outside edge a couple of times, he just let things go in his last over and Dravid didn't show much faith in him to peg it back.

Last edited: