• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know about you Turds but I've got a feeling that Zaheer and Sreesanth will have good series, especially Zaheer.
Man I'm the wrong guy to ask. If you ask me, I'll say the whole Indian team will have a good series. But yeah I'd expect Zaheer to do good, since he's knows quite a bit now about English pitches and conditions.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the quoted post is indication of just how sure people were that Broad would be picked.

Stapel

International Regular
So, England's fearsome foursome is now completely gone. I'm looking forward though, how a 100% B-choice pace attack will do.

Tremlett in and Broad out is quite a shocker, imho. I don't see Tremlett doing any damage to the lesser Indian batsmen, let go the likes of Dravid and Tendulkar.

With both teams having stronger batting line-ups than attacking line-ups, and some rain predicted, a draw might be the outcome.

chalky

International Debutant
Sreesanth struggling here England off to flyer 26 from just 4 overs.

India need to be carefull as has been said earlier Englands strengh at home is scoring 400+ in their 1st Innings but also scoring them quickly giving them plenty of time to bowl out the opposition aswell as allowing them to have attacking fields all innings and 2 new balls if required.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS, England 40/0 after 5 overs. And they haven't needed to play well, they've been helped by poor bowling.

Cook 23 off 15 balls. :blink:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sreesanth struggling here England off to flyer 26 from just 4 overs.

India need to be carefull as has been said earlier Englands strengh at home is scoring 400+ in their 1st Innings but also scoring them quickly giving them plenty of time to bowl out the opposition aswell as allowing them to have attacking fields all innings and 2 new balls if required.

It's very early days. Given the length of the tail and the lack of form of 2 or 3 of England's top 6, you can see India being OK by the close of play, especially if they pick up a couple with the new ball.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Inaccurate bowling from Sreesanth in particular, Zaheer has put a few in the right areas and been rewarded with a couple of edges. Bit of swing about.

chalky

International Debutant
Just realised how badly India are missing a fit Munaf Patel.
My memories of him in West Indies & South Africa are of being so naturally unfit. His speed would drop significantly after his 1st spell which was only early 80's to begin with.

Perm

May as well bring on Kumble, he's likely to be bowling for most of the day so an early start wouldn't do him too much harm.

Perm

My memories of him in West Indies & South Africa are of being so naturally unfit. His speed would drop significantly after his 1st spell which was only early 80's to begin with.
Good bowler though, more likely to keep it accurate in his opening burst than Sreesanth or RP Singh. Fitness is definately a big concern though, and he appears to be a lazy trainer.