• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You'll be facing better quality bowling in Australia. And better quality batting too.
Okay I agree we'll face much better quality bowling/batting in Australia. But that doesn't mean we can't still draw the series or even win it. Expect us to be better by that time too. If Sehwag/Dravid/Pathan come back into form, it's over for you guys!!!....... Okay well maybe not over for you guys, but still it'll be an interesting series!

adharcric

International Coach
Dhoni is a bloody idiot. He is doing the same thing he was doing at Lord's. 48 ball partnership, Kumble has faced 34 of them. Utterly ridiculous.

And another single of the first ball!!!!! Looks to me like he is going for a not out.
Kumble is very capable of hanging around, especially on such benign surfaces.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fair enough. This is one of the few times when people can fairly 'criticise' the English bowling attack. But They don't have a poor batting line up. They've just performed poorly. If you think otherwise, please suggest to me the changes you'd make with available players.
You seem to be under the impression that as long as you don't have better players to select in given positions, then the men in possession are not poor. For the life of me I can't see the logic behind this - is Javed Omar not a poor batsman just because Bangladesh don't have any better?

If players don't perform well consistently, they simply aren't very good, whether there are better players to replace them with or not. And they will be criticised accordingly. When someone says X bowling attack or Y batting lineup is poor, they aren't necessarily criticising the selectors - simply calling it as they see it and pointing out when someone is not test standard.

Personally I think England has a good batting lineup, but the fact that they don't have better players to select doesn't automatically make it so.

adharcric

International Coach
Okay I agree we'll face much better quality bowling/batting in Australia. But that doesn't mean we can't still draw the series or even win it. Expect us to be better by that time too. If Sehwag/Dravid/Pathan come back into form, it's over for you guys!!!....... Okay well maybe not over for you guys, but still it'll be an interesting series!
Turd, you're making us look bad now. Really.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Breaking news Simon Jones has broken down injured again - this time it's his calf. He won't play a further part in Glamorgan's match against Northants at Colwyn Bay.

simmy

International Regular
Why is this pitch so hard?!?!
Dont the groundsman understand how this works?!?!

We need to get a result... therefore dont put out a complete road of a track that guarantees a draw.

Pathetic. I hate every Oval test, boring as hell.

Fusion

Global Moderator
India have to declare right now and try to get a result.

This sucks.
Why? From India's perspective, they are in a perfect situation. They will bat as long as they can, addding runs and taking time away. They are fully in control.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India have won in England before. They had never won in Pakistan in their history.
I realize that, but they won in England when I was 2 years old. As far as I'm concerned, in the nineties and this decade when I've watched cricket, they haven't really won anywhere.