Request Your Custom Title Now!
First off, it's a domestic team. It's not an international team and thus not a T20I. I'll say right off the bat that if it were a T20I team, you'd definitely be in it.Ive no objection to the policy as long as its consistent.
I dont know the answers so Im just enquiring rather than accusing.
1) Im guessing that most of these players must be new to International cricket and are primarily rookies with impressive seasons or experienced players getting a chance?
2) Who else was not included from the last ODI squad in order to give someone else a chance and will be included in this set of ODIs?
3) As a limited over specialist. I dont play FC and will never get near the Test team so every game is important and valuable. Im sure if you are talking about giving people a chance that there cant be players included that have played both ODIs and Tests as well as lots of FC and List A?
As I said, the policy is fine with me as long as it is young inexperienced players that will not feature in other formats of the game at International level.
That said, you wouldn't often see Brett Lee, Shane Bond or the like playing against a touring side in a festival match. You're a top class ODI bowler, so I really don't know why you're upset at not being selected to a T20 representative side.
The players selected are the best of the T20 performers last off-season, with as few stars as possible. Note that Cloete and Pickup were not selected, the latter despite the lack of a spinner in the team. Unfortunate for you, you're a fast bowler, and while those selected have not outperformed you in T20, they've certainly been no slouches.
Regarding your last point:
1. You're not a batsman and thus will not replace any of the top 6. You simply were not competing with them.
2. Clapham was picked as an allrounder, besides the fact that he has hardly been a regular at international level recently and needs every chance to impress.
3. None of Rose, Watt, Thomas or Patrick are international regulars in either form of the game.
Regarding your point about the lack of first-class cricket, I suppose that's what comes from being at the best team in the Dev League. But if Borcich breaks into the Test squad, given the lack of a Kexing Su, those chances may open up. I don't see how picking you to bowl 4 overs in a one-off T20 is going to bring any parity to your situation there.