• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh 2015

Niall

International Coach
Like the 5 bowlers bit. Would have preferred another spinner, but whatever.

Pujara's been left out for Rohit, who has stunk up many more places and doesn't deserve a shot at this over Pujara.
Yeah a 3rd spinner would have been more sensible than 3 pacers, not sure about Karn longterm, but would have been a nice little trial for him with the South Africa series in a few months.

I am not saying Pujara is garbage or ought like that, but he has had a poor run for a while when it comes to International cricket, Rohit has also been a beast in the SC, I don't think he is the lost cause that people make out.

Looking at the forecast, I think a Rohit going in IPL/ODI mode will be a useful tool for India. Lets see what happens!:)

pranay

Cricket Spectator
I don't quite get, when actually Pujara has become the messiah to save indian batting overseas. If any he is just a tad better than Dhawan outside asia(both average the same).Pujara was equally pathetic in all the last 3 outings in NZ ,Aus and england. To his credit Dhawan atleast tops the batting in ODI's overseas.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This test is one of the sad outcomes of the ranking system, IMO. It's in Bangladesh's best interests to try for the draw, right from the outset. They haven't even picked 3 proper bowlers ffs. Now I understand that Bangladesh doesn't have the best bowling stocks to choose from to begin with, but they have been showing signs of improvement and there are at least 3 pacemen who are worth a shout.

And yeah, the pitch sounds like an abomination.

pranay

Cricket Spectator
This test is one of the sad outcomes of the ranking system, IMO. It's in Bangladesh's best interests to try for the draw, right from the outset. They haven't even picked 3 proper bowlers ffs. Now I understand that Bangladesh doesn't have the best bowling stocks to choose from to begin with, but they have been showing signs of improvement and there are at least 3 pacemen who are worth a shout.

And yeah, the pitch sounds like an abomination.
Yes,to their credit, Bangla bowlers conceded 0 extras on first day...

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Arggh. Why would they schedule a match in here. There are far better stadiums and options. Sylhet and Chittagong are being deprived. Also I think BCB should make a plan for a stadium in Rajshahi, the western part. Many cricketers are emerging from there and there are plenty of interest for the game there.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Wow, really? Rahul has proven himself at the domestic level, showed he can bat in difficult conditions abroad. Now you want them to snub him?
It's not snubbing, I just don't think he gets to India's Test opener just yet. Sure, he scored a great century in Australia in his second game, but don't forget the immense immaturity shown in the first game. The second game showed he has the talent but the first showed that he's still got a while to go before he's truly ready for the big leagues.

Dhawan may be streaky at times, but forms a good opening partnership with M Vijay and should definitely be retained for the upcoming series in the subcontinent - vs Sri Lanka, South Africa and Pakistan (if it happens).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The first test was an anamoly. That's not how KL bats at all. Dhawan just isn't as good a player in the longest format.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
The first test was an anamoly. That's not how KL bats at all. Dhawan just isn't as good a player in the longest format.
The same could be argued about the second test. Test cricket isn't a walk in the park - 2 Tests aren't enough to convince me that we have to change openers. I believe KL Rahul will become an excellent Test opener eventually, but I don't advocate giving him the opener slot just yet. What's the hurry? He's just 23.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If two tests is not enough, then surely you need to have him play more tests. 23 is not a bad age if you are talented and can make a mark. It's not like he is 19.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
If two tests is not enough, then surely you need to have him play more tests. 23 is not a bad age if you are talented and can make a mark. It's not like he is 19.
Assuming Dhawan plays both SL (away) and RSA (home), what score / average would it take to convince you that he should remain as the opener alongside Vijay?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
More than runs, it would be about technique for me. If I see considerable improvement in that for Dhawan, I might be convinced for Dhawan ahead of Rahul.

pranay

Cricket Spectator
Technique for me is all about pleasing the eyes....You cannot guarantee a career for a batsman based on his technique. Its just the runs that matter end of the day. It is similar to argument of taking a catch pointing the hands outwards towards the sky, versus taking it with hands inwards towards the chest. It all depends on comfort and nothing to do with absolute technique.....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Of course, one judges on who people feel will score maximum for their team, Pranav. That's an understood aspect.

pranay

Cricket Spectator
7 crores($1.1 million) an year to shastri as indian coach- BCCI sources .....Some one is strongly convinced that shastri is sole reason for turnaround in WC.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Dhawan is needed to fill up the token LHB slot in the team not including Jadeja. We are a team full of righties as it is.