• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

sunilreddy

Banned
Yeah. Its Melbourne... But again its Clarke vs India and ATM, the pitch is behaving as if its an Indian Pitch (according to commentators) .. No one knows what happens if he is given opportunity

Ok Mate, I wish only Gilchrist left to bowl and every one are seriously injured.

Dissector

International Debutant
Cricinfo article which suggests that one reason for the declaration was to finish the game in four days and give his bowlers Sunday off.

Though the game is lost there is fair amount to play for. Taking it to a fifth day would be a small victory. More importantly the Indian batsmen need to get time in the middle to get some form. The bowlers came quite close to taking 20 wickets for around 700 runs. If the batsmen could make that total in two innings you could get a competitive game in Sydney: which is probably India's only chance of a win. Then if the batting clicks again a draw in Adelaide is on the cards and India could go into the last game even. All highly speculative, of course, but it could happen particularly if Dravid can regain form.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Cricinfo article which suggests that one reason for the declaration was to finish the game in four days and give his bowlers Sunday off.

Though the game is lost there is fair amount to play for. Taking it to a fifth day would be a small victory. More importantly the Indian batsmen need to get time in the middle to get some form. The bowlers came quite close to taking 20 wickets for around 700 runs. If the batsmen could make that total in two innings you could get a competitive game in Sydney: which is probably India's only chance of a win. Then if the batting clicks again a draw in Adelaide is on the cards and India could go into the last game even. All highly speculative, of course, but it could happen particularly if Dravid can regain form.

Yeah I agree. The game is most likely gone but today and hopefully tomorrow the Indian batting can get itself into some kind of form for Sydney and get some psychological points against the Aussie bowling.

I agree with Chappell......India's bowling isn't that bad....I actually think its more likely to worry Australia than the higher rated Sri Lankan one did but they need better ground fielding support and support in terms of big runs from the Indian batsmen.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Went along yesterday - it was a good day, but jaysus it was HOT! The last session was a bit of a blur as despite drinking about 3 litres of water and a gatorade, wearing a hat and finding whatever shade I could, I was lapsing into a sleepy stupor from having my brains cooked.

Couldn't believe poor old Zaheer's no-ball problems. Strangely for a day where three hundred+ runs were scored, the batting wasn't particularly entertaining, apart from Clarke, who's always good to watch, and a few big hits from Symonds, Gilly and Hogg. The Aussies were working pretty hard and I can't see the Indians getting anywhere near the 500 - particularly as they won't run three and the outfield is still holding balls up - there aren't going to be a lot of boundaries, so if they're to get there, they're going to have to run their butts off, and from what they've shown so far they're simply too lazy a team to challenge the Australians - Kumble excepted (he's the energizer bunny as far as I can tell - that was an epic spell of bowling in stinking heat yesterday).

Sat about 3 rows back down at fine-leg when Ganguly was fielding there, probably about 8-10 metres away from him. Sourav was very much in 'energy conservation' mode down there, and copped a few comments from the crowd about being lazy and 'useless', but I didn't hear anything more untoward than that said in the vicinity I was in. But Sourav is going bald I can report.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Re the crowd: its too hot. Yesterday was one of the hottest day at the cricket I've experienced, and today was forecast to be hotter. Combining with that is that the people who are there might be back in the stand to stay in the shade, but because of the contrast between the light and the shade you can't actually see them - there could be 15,000 there and you wouldn't be able to see them.

Re the wickets, I'll say 2. Hope we get Dravid soon, don't want him getting back into form at the moment.