• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Too true mate, too true. Frankly, if the current Aussie side weren't so damn dominant at home, even on flat pitches, then the authorities would have to do something about hte pitches, because there'd be boring draws played out across the country, and the crowds would soon drop.

Matt79

Global Moderator
As it is they're white-washing teams. Until touring teams get better, we won't get more lively pitches. Which is ironic, because if a visiting team got the chance to bowl in friendly conditions, they'd probably get closer to the Aussies as the difference between the Aussies and the rest is less in helpful conditions than in dead ones.

Laurrz

International Debutant
FC record
104 matches
8436 runs at 47.93
22 hundreds

wow what a replacement ;D other teams can dream of such backup players

it says he has a lot of catches... so he must field somewhere at slip mayb? *shrugs

Craig

World Traveller
Apparently Lara Bingle told him to shave his head.
Best haircut for mine.

Older members would remember Andre Maddocks, the former vice Admin on this site who once famously told me on MSN that Rogers wouldn't play Test cricket (or something similar), and here he is.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great to see Rogers getting a gig - hope he makes the most of it!

Not sure if its been posted, but a very interesting article here from Rebecca Wilson.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23038240-5001023,00.html

I normally don't rate her highly, but at least its a bit of a rest from the drivel that Roebuck and Gavaskar have been serving up.
Except its a **** article.

For one, Symonds himself has admitted he wasn't 'hurt' by being called a monkey. But yeah let's label the Indian team as racists. I don't see how the Indian team have shown that you can get away with being rascist, all they've done is appeal, like many other players have done.

Lol, Rebecca Wilson. The fact that you'd even link to an article by someone who clearly knows crap all about the game of cricket is disappointing. Do you listen to Vega with Tony Squires and her? :ph34r:

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Can't wait for tomorrow, got my channel 9 rant ready as well if they even think of crossing towards the end of play.

Has all the makings of great match with a stack of unproven players, a few weeks of controversy and the series still not over. Not to mention a fast pitch (hopefully).

Craig

World Traveller
Can't wait for tomorrow, got my channel 9 rant ready as well if they even think of crossing towards the end of play.

Has all the makings of great match with a stack of unproven players, a few weeks of controversy and the series still not over. Not to mention a fast pitch (hopefully).
Think they will. Such tight arses as well, they cross over with an over or a few balls to go in a days play or an innings. FFS!

On another note Sehwag called up, VITSTL.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Except its a **** article.

For one, Symonds himself has admitted he wasn't 'hurt' by being called a monkey. But yeah let's label the Indian team as racists. I don't see how the Indian team have shown that you can get away with being rascist, all they've done is appeal, like many other players have done.

Lol, Rebecca Wilson. The fact that you'd even link to an article by someone who clearly knows crap all about the game of cricket is disappointing. Do you listen to Vega with Tony Squires and her? :ph34r:
Spot on Jonno - if ever a person owed her career to "tokenism", it is her.

Almost certainly the least respected sports writer in Australia and that is some achievement

pup11

International Coach
Well.... its good that now we are finally set for some cricketing action, after all the off-field hysteria that followed the Sydney test, so Tait, Sehwag and Pathan will all get chances tomorrow to redem their test careers and Rogers would have an opportunity to prove to the selectors that he belongs to this level.
Anyways i am not too happy about Australia's decision to drop Hogg, obviously Tait should play in the Perth test, but he should have replaced the out of sorts Mitchell Johnson.
It would be after 16 long years Australia would field an all-pace attack, which could very well prove to be mistake because the WACA pitch might look all fiery and quick but if it slows down as the game progresses, having an all-pace attack could make things tough for the Aussies.
Ok... so lets hope we get to see some good cricket in this test but this time, "minus any the controversies"!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I think play should go to about 8:30. And aprt from the news, they probs won't show anything else, but that should coincide with the tea break.

Laurrz

International Debutant
It would be after 16 long years Australia would field an all-pace attack, which could very well prove to be mistake because the WACA pitch might look all fiery and quick but if it slows down as the game progresses, having an all-pace attack could make things tough for the Aussies.
!
from waht i heard curator was well aware that it got slower as the days went on

but said this one shoujld be fine [ie. still bouncy] for 4 or 5 days :D

pup11

International Coach
from waht i heard curator was well aware that it got slower as the days went on

but said this one shoujld be fine [ie. still bouncy] for 4 or 5 days :D
I hope that's the case then, because if we have a situation where Taity doesn't get his radar going and Johnson retains his awful form that he has shown through the series so far, then it won't be too good for us.

Evermind

International Debutant
Great to see Rogers getting a gig - hope he makes the most of it!

Not sure if its been posted, but a very interesting article here from Rebecca Wilson.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23038240-5001023,00.html

I normally don't rate her highly, but at least its a bit of a rest from the drivel that Roebuck and Gavaskar have been serving up.
Hope you're joking, 'cause that's a crap article, and about as balanced as the Roebuck one. Its bias may agree with yours, but it's drivel just the same. It's also more insipid than it is interesting, and if anyone truly believes the events of the past week can be summed up with the words "Indians hold world to ransom", they should get their brains checked.

Evermind

International Debutant
Well.... its good that now we are finally set for some cricketing action, after all the off-field hysteria that followed the Sydney test, so Tait, Sehwag and Pathan will all get chances tomorrow to redem their test careers and Rogers would have an opportunity to prove to the selectors that he belongs to this level.
Anyways i am not too happy about Australia's decision to drop Hogg, obviously Tait should play in the Perth test, but he should have replaced the out of sorts Mitchell Johnson.
Ok... so lets hope we get to see some good cricket in this test but this time, "minus any the controversies"!!
I notice that you have moved on from using "we" to "the Australians" now. I'm not sure if that's a conscious move, but I guess it's...something. Hmm!

howardj

International Coach
Tragedy for Haydos.

Rogers is a bit ugly, isn't he....in technique and looks.

Don't much like red heads playing for Australia- it doesn't look right.