• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I should also say, whilst India did well to draw the last two tests, not enough is being acknowledged about the tragic elephant in the room here: Australia had a player die a week before the first test was scheduled to start. Nearly half the side was on the field when it happened. They then lost Clarke after the first test, who had been amazing leading them through the aftermath of Hughes' death & is their best batsman, while Harris and Johnson only played together in two of four tests.

It seems almost as though the death of Hughes was overlooked towards the back end of the series when it came to analysing the performance of the home players, not that I'm saying it should have been dwelt on. But a bit of an acknowledgment by the TV and radio pundits of what a great effort it was for those blokes to pick themselves up after having that happen would not have gone astray. It must have been an incredibly emotional time for those blokes. They stood up really well IMO.

Kohli mentioned it at the post match, didn't he?

smash84

The Tiger King
As much as I find Kohli having a punchable face on the field I must give credit to him for very good post match conferences (when captain). Knows what to say and when to say and hits the right notes.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder who is MJ?
If you like Lolita, then the great pop star who we loved so much, we let the first kid slide.

If you like Looney Tunes, then the big guy from Space Jam who we loved so much, we bought all his shoes.

If you like Marvel, then the hottest girl ever to date a nerd who bailed out of the big fight against Loki.

And if you like something that one does not grow out of by the age of 17, then the man with the golden arm and platinum moustache who made 2014, England, and South Africa his bitch.

Dhoni_183*

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Dhoni probably realised after many years that his bowlers sucked so hard beating them didn't deserve any credit at all :ph34r:
That's the truth right there. Overseas people score easy runs against us because our seamers fail to execute basic plans. On the other hand our batsmen excel while facing superior bowlers and also usually chasing 600 just to get a par first innings score.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's the truth right there. Overseas people score easy runs against us because our seamers fail to execute basic plans. On the other hand our batsmen excel while facing superior bowlers and also usually chasing 600 just to get a par first innings score.
Our batsmen excelling can be equally rare on away tours sometimes as well :happy:

Dhoni_183*

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Our batsmen excelling can be equally rare on away tours sometimes as well :happy:
Not surprised with the pressure they face though. I think they batted well in Australia and South Africa. In NZ and Eng the swing was an issue, Boult and Anderson. I think we would play better there now with the experience.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
If you like Lolita, then the great pop star who we loved so much, we let the first kid slide.

If you like Looney Tunes, then the big guy from Space Jam who we loved so much, we bought all his shoes.

If you like Marvel, then the hottest girl ever to date a nerd who bailed out of the big fight against Loki.

And if you like something that one does not grow out of by the age of 17, then the man with the golden arm and platinum moustache who made 2014, England, and South Africa his bitch.
Holy **** that's one of the lamest things I've ever read in my life.

Swingpanzee

International Regular

So ****ty but cracks me up everytime

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
Nah a beneficial deck would be one where the Aussie quicks can rip India a new arsehole. It might help the Indian quicks more also but judging by the way they bowl, I doubt the australians will score any less runs.
I have to agree with this. You can't help but fell bad the bowlers, Australian ones especially. They worked so hard for very little reward. I'm not sure what a little extra bounce compared to non Oz pitches accomplishes like some are suggesting here. If carry were less, all the slips would have to do is stand a bit closer. These were in no way good for bowling in any ways. If it were Aus would have annihilated their batsmen like in 2011. Sure there is always that chance that Indians might bowl well on it like with England last year, but that doesn't happen often. The Indian strength is batting, if you crush that you crush their morale. England pulled themselves together and were basically toyed with them by the end. On top of that they were quite shaky from all the loses in previous few series when they lost that game.

This was a first time in a long while I managed to find the time to watch nearly a whole test series (due to world cup fever) and I dreaded it. Apart from a few moments like the Adelaide finish in the 3rd session or a few last day hope for a result, the series was quite the yawnfest. Destroyed my desire to watch any test cricket for a while yet again. I want my time and tv ratings back man. :@

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not sure what a little extra bounce compared to non Oz pitches are accomplishes like some are suggesting here. If carry were less, all the slips have to do is stand a bit closer.
This has very little to do with why extra bounce assists the bowlers, ftr.