• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
who's writing off rogers?

apart from benchmark00 pty ltd limited
I'm sure I saw someone mention dreading Watto opening in England again. Unless they were meaning dreading him at 3 in those conditions. I can see Rogers retiring after the Ashes but I can't see us going back to Watto. I would hope there would be other better options by then.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
let them do what they want, we won the series convincingly and the only reason 4-0 wasn't really on was because we couldn't ****ing catch for ****e.
Mediocre posting. India dropped catches too, and the only reason India lost Adelaide is because they didn't want to draw it. The scoreline was 2-0 because of a lot of stuff, including the fact India batted very well at times against quality bowlers

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Catching is part of cricket anyway; it's no more mitigating than if a Bangladesh fan said "the only reason we didn't win this series was the fact that couldn't bat or bowl for ****e" after every single series.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mediocre posting. India dropped catches too, and the only reason India lost Adelaide is because they didn't want to draw it. The scoreline was 2-0 because of a lot of stuff, including the fact India batted very well at times against quality bowlers
This, it has to be said regardless of how awful the pitches reacted to fast bowling Rahane and Kohli responded skillfully to the tighter bowling, although dropped catches certainly helped the 400+ scores the Indian teams scored to a great extent.

Although in Rahane's case he could have been helped a lot more by better decisions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Catching is part of cricket anyway; it's no more mitigating than if a Bangladesh fan said "the only reason we didn't win this series was the fact that couldn't bat or bowl for ****e" after every single series.
This, it has to be said regardless of how awful the pitches reacted to fast bowling Rahane and Kohli responded skillfully to the tighter bowling, although dropped catches certainly helped the 400+ scores the Indian teams scored to a great extent.

Although in Rahane's case he could have been helped a lot more by better decisions.
Indeed to both posts.

I don't really like getting into debates about whether a series score is fair or flatters one team anyway. It was 2-0 because, among other reasons, Australia were disciplined with their bowling for long periods, India wasted opportunities when they were doing okay and bowled like crap a lot of the other time, Australia batted brilliantly when India dropped their heads and looked impenetrable, and India batted well enough to push Australia but not well enough to ever be in a winning position without help from Australia declaring to give them a sniff.

Saying India would have lost 4-0 if not for catching is just silly. I mean Indian fans could claim that catching cost them a series almost every series ffs, they are so rubbish in the field. Dropped Baz before triple ton costing them draw in NZ etc.

Australia well deserved winners and by far the better test team in home conditions. But to walk away thinking this was a 4-0 series really and India were just let off by Australia dropping catches is misleading.

Last edited:

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Indeed to both posts.

I don't really like getting into debates about whether a series score is fair or flatters one team anyway. It was 2-0 because, among other reasons, Australia were disciplined with their bowling for long periods, India wasted opportunities when they were doing okay and bowled like crap a lot of the other time, Australia batted brilliantly when India dropped their heads and looked impenetrable, and India batted well enough to push Australia but not well enough to ever be in a winning position without help from Australia declaring to give them a sniff.

Saying India would have lost 4-0 if not for catching is just silly. I mean Indian fans could claim that catching cost them a series almost every series ffs, they are so rubbish in the field. Dropped Baz before triple ton costing them draw in NZ etc.

Australia well deserved winners and by far the better test team in home conditions. But to walk away thinking this was a 4-0 series really and India were just let off by Australia dropping catches is misleading.
Yeah agreed. Tbh that post was more just venting my frustration at Australia's poor fielding. One can't really say what would have happened if Australia had held on to their catches, it's all speculation of course.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah agreed. Tbh that post was more just venting my frustration at Australia's poor fielding. One can't really say what would have happened if Australia had held on to their catches, it's all speculation of course.
Fair enough, we all make posts frustrated at the teams we support every now and then. Australia's dropping of Kohli in Melbourne and Sydney definitely pivotal in those matches.

Antihippy

International Debutant
I dunno about that, I'd say india are probably better against australia in home conditions than australia being better than india at home.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I dunno about that, I'd say india are probably better against australia in home conditions than australia being better than india at home.
I agree. Though mostly because Indian home conditions are a lot more beneficial to them than the Australian home conditions have been for the Australians.