• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

howardj

International Coach
Starts Wednesday 17 December

Adelaide starts on Tuesday 9 December

Sydney pushed back to Tuesday 6 January

Everybody wins

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
I think whatever CA did there were going to be some disappointed obviously due to Tests being moved into working days etc. but I think the new schedule is a good effort so that at least all four tests go ahead.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I would have preferred Brisbane test canceled entirely (replaced by a practice/exhibition match perhaps). That would be a proper tribute/mourning time. Can be tough on the players to still play the full series after the tragedy. But anyways...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Works but it's a bit weird to have a Tuesday-Saturday Test, particularly since it isn't in the two week Christmas break.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
And whatever they felt I hope there was no pressure on the players to play all four tests. If they didn't feel up to all four then I agree that the Brisbane test should have been cancelled.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Tuesday start for Sydney? Anyone flying in with a tight schedule or unable to go on a work day has just been boned. They should have just canceled Brisbane. Which would have been tough on them but this is changes to 3/4 tests.

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
It'd be tough in normal circumstances to play 4 tests in such a short amount of time so this is going to be very difficult for the players, mentally and physically. Normally you might say it'd be a good thing to keep your mind off things but considering the nature of the incident it'd be near impossible and it will be a very emotional summer of cricket. There must have been an extreme amount of pressure to play that Brisbane test because scrapping it completely seemed like the most reasonable thing to do.

Tangles

I'm guessing that the lack of other international cricket scheduled there played a role. Gate receipts are higher by still playing 4 tests but moving around dates will also affect the numbers the other way.

Tangles

Read the CA announcement. The option of having Brisbane after Sydney wasn't liked because it would affect the ODI series and the WC preparation. Typical. Wouldn't want to compromise some meaningless 1 dayers.

OverratedSanity

Read the CA announcement. The option of having Brisbane after Sydney wasn't liked because it would affect the ODI series and the WC preparation. Typical. Wouldn't want to compromise some meaningless 1 dayers.
This is the least meaningless odi series possible.

OverratedSanity

There's nothing meaningless about an odi series in the country which will host the world cup in a few months' time, regardless of England's unfortunate participation.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
There's nothing meaningless about an odi series in the country which will host the world cup in a few months' time, regardless of England's unfortunate participation.
Agreed. I'd prefer if it was a bilateral, or if the 3rd team was SA or even NZ.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
this is a terrible result for riggins pty ltd
My grandparents had booked flights and accommodation to Adelaide for the Test. Was going to be their first cricket outside NSW for 25 years, and I don't think they're going at all now.. not a good result for them either.

Cancelling the Brisbane Test was a far better idea than rescheduling literally every Test.