• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Niall

International Coach
Pujara would have no right to moan if he gets dropped, not been good enough at all. Root was dropped by England last year and came back very strong. I'd be reluctant to pick Bhuvi though unless 100% fully fit because no disrespect to the purists India winning the World Cup should be the main concern now, Bhuvi to important to be risked for that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Raina is not a test batsman. Can happen that he is selected as he can bowl a bit, but no man, please.

I would give the same players a chance as in the previous test. Despite it being Sydney, I will select just one spinner in Ashwin. Just one change for the test - Saha in for Dhoni. We can't really play 5 bowlers as our tail isn't the greatest.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm yet to hear one reason why Rahul should be a selection ahead of Rohit as a middle-order batsman.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think Rahul should open or bat at 3 next test. Dropping him after one go won't be right.

Thinking behind Rahul at 6 was facing the 2nd new ball probably which was a problem and the other option was Raina.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Because Rahul has been brilliant in the previous domestic season. Have you seen him bat in any game from last season? Was very composed as a batsman. Now the first test was an anamoly but deserves another chance.

Rohit mean while has failed trillion times at test level.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Rohit mea while has failed trillion times at test level.
Yeah this, I know he hit some fours, but it was painful watching him in that doomed chase, just never inspired any confidence at all.

Ojha is playing four day cricket in India so I don't think he is an option at the moment.

the big bambino

International Captain
Maybe both sides will get funky for the last match. Picking teams around that possibility I'd pick Akshar for Rahul and go with 5 batsmen. Saha obvs. If Bhuvi is fit then I'd pick him over Shami. If not then Aaron, presuming he is back and in a state of mind to play. Otherwise Shami.

For Aus I'd prefer to be unchanged but I've been reading they may want to play Agar in the Mitch Marsh role. If so then Burns is looking shaky. I think it would be a stupid move as I'd like to see Burns get a red hot go in the test side. If they are going to rest Harris then in comes Starc. I suppose you don't weaken the batting if that happens. Oh well...Damn it the selection of Agar has filled my head with some awful alternatives. I can't wait until the test starts just so the selectors can put us out of our misery and finally reveal the horror their evil minds intended.

andmark

International Captain
Watson is probably the best fifth bowler option they have though. Stick him at six in the Ashes, if he can get a few 40s and fifties, bowl 12-15 overs keep it tight and nicking a wicket now and then, it will be a decent enough return from him. Its no cert that Marsh with zero English experience will do any better tbh.
Such a bizarre issue they have really, he maybe just about be good enough to keep his spot. Can only think of "watch this space" sort of thing.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Because Rahul has been brilliant in the previous domestic season. Have you seen him bat in any game from last season? Was very composed as a batsman. Now the first test was an anamoly but deserves another chance.

Rohit mean while has failed trillion times at test level.
Rohit hasn't failed a trillion times. He didn't deserve to be dropped in Melbourne IMO. And he mustn't be replaced by an opener. If you have to take a tremendously talented opener who was very composed in last season then drop Dhawan. Rohit has an amazing FC record, was treated unfairly when Yuvraj and Raina were given extended runs, and now he deserves an extended run. (unless it's Badrinath/Tiwary)

Debris

International 12th Man
Such a bizarre issue they have really, he maybe just about be good enough to keep his spot. Can only think of "watch this space" sort of thing.
It is really only injuries keeping him in the side. I honestly think at this point Australia would be better off taking a punt on Moises Henriques or Faulkner.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Well, Dhoni's retirement may be very shortlived. Saha may be injured, by the sounds of things.