• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

G.I.Joe

International Coach
We're one Kohli injury away from the team being led onto the field by the master tactician who can't figure out his own game. This isn't experience. This is tenure.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is all sorts of awesome!! Kohli, **** off and get injured soon!

We're one Kohli injury away from the team being led onto the field by the master tactician who can't figure out his own game. This isn't experience. This is tenure.
So true :laugh:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
As a captain you need a trusted man as vc. Delhi boys. It is fine. He can always consult others when he wants to.

cnerd123

likes this
If someone had told me a year ago that Ishant Sharma would bowl India to a victory at Lords, be India's best fast bowler for the year, and be Vice Captain to Virat Kohli, I'd have called him insane.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If someone had told me a year ago that Ishant Sharma would bowl India to a victory at Lords, be India's best fast bowler for the year, and be Vice Captain to Virat Kohli, I'd have called him insane.
Need to read more Taleb, obvs.

Spark

Global Moderator
In fairness, this is very much of the "damning with faint praise" variety

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni feels Hussey right for India coach?s job - Hindustan Times

I have no idea why everyone has been so nice to old man Duncan. They're just letting his contract trickle down and expire instead of sacking him, which should've happened ages ago.
I like Hussey as a choice, though... seems the sort of personality who could be great for the team.

Also lol'd at this

The only thing that might go against Hussey is his nationality. The BCCI and the Indian team’s bad experience with Greg Chappell could come in the way of Hussey being roped in

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What is Hussey's experience at coaching? Don't like Dhoni giving such suggestions right now either. It is Kohli's team now. Let him run it the way he wants to.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Re Duncan Fletcher - it is no secret he has not been effective as a coach. I suspect BCCI had just kept him on to avoid paying for a new coach for this long. I can see BCCI thinking like that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not a fan of two captains for India either for tests and ODIs. Is this talk really needed just so close to the world cup..

BWSport

Cricket Spectator
Sharma would be the next senior-most voice in the changing rooms. Need to keep in mind all the experience India has lost over the last couple years, just waiting for the next leadership group to step up and stamp their mark on the team.

Who is in more needs of runs in this test: Watson or Haddin?

andmark

International Captain
Probably Watson. Burgey made the decent point that as the vc, Haddin's spot in the side becomes more solidified than previously as they need his experience. Welcome to the forum by the way

Last edited: