• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

TumTum

Banned
Bah I don't care for this "good for cricket" crap, thrash them within 2 days i hope. But seriously if India can't make it to day 4 on this pitch, decisions will have to be made.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bah I don't care for this "good for cricket" crap, thrash them within 2 days i hope. But seriously if India can't make it to day 4 on this pitch, decisions will have to be made.
From Australia's perspective they should definitely try to crush their opponent in the best way they can..

I am talking form a neutral perspective.

Its like when you play against Bangladesh, you will beat them in 2 days if you can..but the fact that they lose so many matches in 2 days is still not good for the game.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed. Crush the bastards!

Must hurt to be compared to Bangladesh though.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
From Australia's perspective they should definitely try to crush their opponent in the best way they can..

I am talking form a neutral perspective.

Its like when you play against Bangladesh, you will beat them in 2 days if you can..but the fact that they lose so many matches in 2 days is still not good for the game.
From a neutral perspective, Australia should play the same as they have been and it's up to India to start showing something.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
4-0 here we come.
The perfumed ponce behind the sticks being absent will help maybe?

Talking to a young Indian-Aussie lad who plays for our club the other week, he was saying he met Kohli, Dhoni and Ishant on NYE in Sydney. Bumped into them twice in fact. Said they seemed nice blokes, but he was surprised to see them out at 2 am near Town Hall station.

He was even more surprised when I told him they'd had a training session at 10 am the same morning at the SCG, and I knew this was the case as I'd tried to take Burgeinho out to watch but it was a closed session.

Nice work ethic that is. They've come for a holiday it seems to me.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL Looks like our CW coach Burgey is one tough taskmaster.. Its NYE and its Sydney..that's the best place to be in the world on NYE..I don't blame them.

Last edited:

Joao

U19 12th Man
I don't want him in the side anymore, however to mock how mentally exhausted Haddin must be feeling shows a lack of understanding for the pressures faced by a professional cricketer.
He's not doing it for free lets not forget. If he can't handle it give back the cheque and **** off back to Shield cricket and let someone else who can handle it have a go.

It's test cricket, no room for soft****s.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey I'm not saying they weren't allowed out. I'm saying they had a training session scheduled that morning (New Years Day) and they're out and about til all hours the night before. It's a matter for them.

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's hard to comprehend how tough this job can be for an out of favour cricketer. I can hardly remember a day over this summer without Haddin being discussed in the media. Imagine for months on end having to face questioning on when you expect to turn your form around or face questions on how you compare to Paine, Wade or even Gilchrist.

I don't want him in the side anymore, however to mock how mentally exhausted Haddin must be feeling shows a lack of understanding for the pressures faced by a professional cricketer.
It's test cricket, the most difficult form of the game. If one is not up to scratch, especially when there are younger and more skilled players in the wings, then they shouldn't bother playing for your country and letting them down time and again.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It's hard to comprehend how tough this job can be for an out of favour cricketer. I can hardly remember a day over this summer without Haddin being discussed in the media. Imagine for months on end having to face questioning on when you expect to turn your form around or face questions on how you compare to Paine, Wade or even Gilchrist.

Every player goes through periods of intense media scrutiny. I wouldn't be surprised if Ponting made the front page of the newspaper more times than the PM during the last ashes. You either silence those critics with a performance of some substance, or get out. Its not a game of hungry hungry hippos.