• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if starc will get dropped it'd be for haze. assuming harris isn't fit

or lalor

iamdavid

International Debutant
if starc will get dropped it'd be for haze. assuming harris isn't fit
Wouldn't be the worst pick in the world.

He's very green and having an attack of Siddle and three rookies against Tendulkar and co could turn very ugly. But I reckon he'd compliment Pattinson and Siddle pretty well, bowl a good length and keep the pressure on (which Starc seems incapable of doing at this stage). Kind've like the role Copeland filled in Sri Lanka but not at 100kph.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
G. Gambhir
V. Sehwag
R. Dravid
S. Tendulkar
V. Laxman
R. Sharma
M. Dhoni+*
R. Ashwin
Z. Khan
I. Sharma
U. Yadav

Zinzan

G. Gambhir
V. Sehwag
R. Dravid
S. Tendulkar
V. Laxman
R. Sharma
M. Dhoni+*
R. Ashwin
Z. Khan
I. Sharma
U. Yadav
With the exception of Zaheer, not sure those pace bowlers will give Michael Clarke too many nightmares. That said, Ashwin may just be an interesting proposition on the boucny tracks. I've only seen him bowl in T20's, but there's a lot to like about him.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well, the last time he faced him was in the 2-match series last year, but that when Clarke was in "I don't actually know how to bat" mode. My knowledge of the 2008 series is pretty sketchy I have to admit.

morgieb

Well, the last time he faced him was in the 2-match series last year, but that when Clarke was in "I don't actually know how to bat" mode. My knowledge of the 2008 series is pretty sketchy I have to admit.
iirc before 2008/09 Clarke was pretty 'poor' in tough situations, and Ishant actually looked like a decent bowler.

Things have changed though. :p

Spark

Global Moderator
again, not sure. me watching clarke ultra-closely started with the 98 at the gabba, which was a cracker, so...

Spark

Global Moderator
You know, with all these selection issues hovering over the team, thank **** we have one or two rounds of four-day Shield cricket involving all the aspirational Test batsmen to give them a chance to push for selection before Boxing Day

OH ****ING WAIT

morgieb

Have to say, the decision to play the Big Bash in the middle of a test summer is pretty ****ing stupid.

Ruckus

International Captain
My XI would be:

Warner
Cowan
Marsh
Watson
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
Harris
Siddle
Pattinson
Lyon

Would like to have kept Watson opening, but I don't really care as long as he his somewhere near the top. If Clarke insists on bowling him a lot then its obviously better if he bats lower down.

Alternatively I wouldn't opposed to Watson and Warner opening, with Marsh at 3 and Khawaja at 4. Don't think Khawaja has really done badly enough to be dropped yet, but it's hard to ignore a classy player like Cowan who is in great form.

Last edited: