• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** ICC World T20 Qualifier Thread.

Which two teams will qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Nope.. I didn't make it in the final 14- but I'm still registered for the tournament and if any player gets injured I may be called up (I am one of the four reserve players)
Oh, didn't realise you were in the squad. Played grade cricket against Hayden Patrizi a few years ago.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope.. I didn't make it in the final 14- but I'm still registered for the tournament and if any player gets injured I may be called up (I am one of the four reserve players)
I hope the voodoo doll works for you mate.

juro

U19 12th Man
I see the ICC are considering reverting the 2014 WT20 to 16 teams. It is a joke that they cut the 2012 WT20 to 12 teams, after many of the regions had already had their qualifying tournaments. If there were 6 spots up for grabs out of the 16 teams competing, it would give all the teams a reasonable chance of getting through.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
I see the ICC are considering reverting the 2014 WT20 to 16 teams. It is a joke that they cut the 2012 WT20 to 12 teams, after many of the regions had already had their qualifying tournaments. If there were 6 spots up for grabs out of the 16 teams competing, it would give all the teams a reasonable chance of getting through.
Will be at the expense of 2 spots at the 2019 WC IIRC.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Afghanistan v Papua New Guinea
Italy v Oman
Ireland v Namibia
Uganda v United States of America
Canada v Netherlands
Kenya v Scotland
Hong Kong v Nepal
Bermuda v Denmark

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, if you're in the top three of your group of eight you get through to the next round.

The next round is then a bit complicated, but the higher you are in your group the easier your possible route through.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Namibia held back to 160/8 in the end with Stirling taking 3/20 from his four.

PNG yet to cause much of a fuss. 97/6 off their 20 against Afghanistan, despite Hassan being absent.

Strike!

Cricket Spectator
Namibia are quickly establishing themselves as one of the top associates from what i've seen in the past year or so.

Last edited:

sonnench

U19 12th Man
As a South African, I love seeing the African nations do well. Great to see both Namibia and Uganda (didn't know they even played) picking up wins.