• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** ICC World T20 Qualifier Thread.

Which two teams will qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Or perhaps Kenya shouldn't have got shot out for 77 v. Ireland. Either way, we'll have to wait till 2014? now to have another go at this World cup.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I just got so confused trying to work out how the finals of this tournament work, I had to make myself a flowchart in Paint to figure it out.

Stapel

International Regular
So, Holland - Scotland and Ireland - Canada. Both winners to battle each other for an opportunity to take on the loser of Afghanistan - Namibia....

Right?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So, Holland - Scotland and Ireland - Canada. Both winners to battle each other for an opportunity to take on the loser of Afghanistan - Namibia....
Right?
Its all in keeping with the ICC tradition of confusing and contrived :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's not really that confusing to be honest, and doesn't appear contrived either - allows the group winners a benefit for winning the group,

Howe_zat

Audio File
It is contrived but I don't see why that should be criticism - all "contrived" means here is that people have thought about it.

Stapel

International Regular
It means we have to beat Scotland, then Ireland (or possibly Canada) and then Namibia or Afghanistan. That's quite a hill to climb.

Too bad the WC T20 doesn't have 16 or 14 spots, rather than the WC ODI.

ajdude

International Coach
is anyone showing the afghanistan v namibia match? quipu has stopped working apparently

dfx-

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Excellent finish from Stirling and Porterfield in a little more than 9 overs. Even more so, live coverage and highlights tonight on national tv.

Netherlands..hmm..

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
i got all excited after van der Westhuizen hit that six :(

that was a decent old catch by porterfield though

dockrell hasn't even bowled yet, **** haha

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Shahzad gets 77 (57) out of Afghanistan's 152/7 in the final. No-one else got more than 17, and even that was thanks to the no.8 hitting two sixes off the last two balls. Just about gets them to a good score, but Ireland have been chasing well all tournament and should have this.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Making mincemeat of them. 78 (35) now.

Stirling's tournament -

352 runs at 50.28, strike rate of 157.84.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Ireland wins and go in with Australia and West Indies.

Afghanistan in with England and India. So we'll get to see Afghanistan's seam attack up against India's seamers. That will be interesting.