• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018

cnerd123

likes this
That's what I suspected, although I've seen Associate selectors do weirder things.

Big wicket of Cooper there from Afzaal. Was looking dangerous. Max O'Dowd now the key man.

cnerd123

likes this
That's the wicket we needed. Bowling well here on what seems to be a flat pitch. Hopefully restrict them to somewhere around 250.

cnerd123

likes this
Timely wicket, but it brings the dangerous Roelof van der Merwe to the crease.

Also Aizaz off the field with a niggle. Hope it's nothing serious. He's already bowled his quota of overs, but we might yet need him with the bat.

cnerd123

likes this
Bowled them out for 174!

Superb performance by the HK bowlers in what seemed to be batting friendly conditions. Nadeem Ahmed was on song today.

HK should really chase this down.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Apart from the game vs afganistan, hong kong have looked a peg below the top sides. Them and png look to be much weaker than the rest of the 8 teams imo.
I don't think netherlands or nepal would look out of place vs quality sides if the wc was extended, but I could see png and hong kong getting regular 250+ margin thrashings.

Hopefully afgans can get over the line here and make the super 6's more interesting!

cnerd123

likes this
HK really only have 3 quality batsman and a tight and tidy bowling/fielding outfit. Not much more you can do with our talent pool and facilities. Add to that the weather here and lack of government support, and it was a miracle we were ever an ODI nation to begin with. Punching above our weight personified.

We definitely could have batted a lot better tho. Bowlers have been fantastic all tournament. Some more runs for the main 3 bats and the support crew and we could have still been an ODI side. Alas it's not to be. :(

Also I never switch allegiances. I just add teams on.

SeamUp

International Coach
Hard luck ***** !

Would have been a hell of a story for you guys but it's the same for Nepal who get ODI status.

cnerd123

likes this
Nepal have a thriving cricket community now and a lot of really good young talent. They should hold on to ODI status for a long time.

SeamUp

International Coach
Nepal have a thriving cricket community now and a lot of really good young talent. They should hold on to ODI status for a long time.
That's the key to pushing on. Got Sandeep Lamichhane who is making a name for himself.

I heard something about their board being suspended from the ICC

ajdude

International Coach
brathwaite carried on like a dickhead towards the end there. gulbadin should’ve laid him flat with a lit dab circa 2016, give carlos his own medicine

TimCutler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Apart from the game vs afganistan, hong kong have looked a peg below the top sides. Them and png look to be much weaker than the rest of the 8 teams imo.
I don't think netherlands or nepal would look out of place vs quality sides if the wc was extended, but I could see png and hong kong getting regular 250+ margin thrashings.

Hopefully afgans can get over the line here and make the super 6's more interesting!
Frustrating as it's only HK's batting (depth) letting them down - go back and look at their bowling performances (esp against AFG & ZIM). No Atkinson, Chapman, Ahmen, Abbasi hurt, a lot.