• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Woodster

International Captain
Haven't been the same team since Lyon got injured. Nearly cost them the series but for the English weather coming to the rescue.
Yes agree the Lyon injury offered up a few difficult problems but players like Cummins where a lot has been asked of them lately seemed to be running on empty.

ashley bach

International Captain
Knowing Australians only too well, they'll take this chance to get on the piss tonight to celebrate retaining the wonderful urn.
Seriously though this is meaningless in comparison to winning a series in England. Who the hell wants to come back in four years to be reminded that
they haven't won a series here for quarter of a century. All to play for at The Oval imo.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Knowing Australians only too well, they'll take this chance to get on the piss tonight to celebrate retaining the wonderful urn.
Seriously though this is meaningless in comparison to winning a series England. Who the hell wants to come back in four years to be reminded that
they haven't won a series here for quarter of a century. All to play for at The Oval imo.
I don't think they will this time tbh. There will be a quiet drink for sure but certainly won't be the drinking spree of 2019. They know they are lucky and they will be able to play with clearer minds knowing that its retained

I think they'll play really well at the Oval

White Ball

State 12th Man
Have to say Australia deserve the ashes. They didn’t play well in this test but were the best team overall in this series.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
What annoys me is we gifted two test to a bang average Aussie side but at least we woke up and were on course to put it right. Then the bloody rain intervened and it will go down in the books that we didn't win back the Ashes.

Total embarrasment.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Seriously though this is meaningless in comparison to winning a series England. Who the hell wants to come back in four years to be reminded that
For Australia but is there much to play for for England? I am not so sure

loterry1994

International Debutant
Don’t care about just retaining the ashes jobs Not done yet. Don’t want them to get rolled over like the last test in 2019

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is something deeply disturbing about this photo but I can't quiet put my finger where it is
Perhaps it's something to do with the ugly orc and his giant head being twice the size of the blow up *** doll on his right

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats Aussies! England should still fancy their chances to tie the series at the Oval, it was an overwhelmingly dominant performance here and the momentum is clearly with them.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
The final say in Manchester. It's a DRAW - Australia retain the Ashes. ❤✍

congratulation Australian supporter of Cricket Web Forum & Good luck to English team to win at Oval to Square the series
2/2 than other way around🤣