• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at The Oval

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Strauss got a lot of stick for his Lord's declaration. Similar circumstances here so what should he do?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bat till lunch-tea tomorrow.
Absolutely.

Strauss mentioned something about there being a crust. There's been other comments on how the pitch is incredibly dry. Get the runs now and make them bat when it is at its worst. Sounds very much like the pitch England beat Australia on where not much was happening then Broad took 5/6 wickets for not many.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, plenty more batting right about now please. Sreesanth sending down a few decent nuts at the moment, so there's still something to be had if the bowling is good enough.

Stat fact: Pietersen needs 31 more to reach an aggregate of 500 for the series for the first time.

Van Buren

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
A bit late, but what was KP doing trying to deflect Sreesanth's shy at the stumps in his previous over ?

I seem to recall Inzi given out obstructing the field for a similar incident. Would be a shame to get out in that manner, and it's a good thing he didn't make contact.

Jacknife

International Captain
A bit late, but what was KP doing trying to deflect Sreesanth's shy at the stumps in his previous over ?

I seem to recall Inzi given out obstructing the field for a similar incident. Would be a shame to get out in that manner, and it's a good thing he didn't make contact.
KP was stood in his crease though and the bowler fired the ball at him, shouldn't have played a shot but you can defend yourself.

I feel a bit for RP, there's no way he should have been picked but who's going to knock back a chance to play for their country but his bowling is getting slower and slower.

Last edited:

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Sreesanth. WAC.

KP thrives when he's "in a battle" so I have no idea what Sree thinks he's doing by riling him up.

Jacknife

International Captain
Ha ha ha that was brilliant from KP, don't know quite what he did, some kind of dancing down the pitch straight drive for 4.

Sam Handwich

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Love that graphic from Sky, 'RP Singh 501 balls since last wicket' might as well say 'RP Singh, he's a bit useless really'.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Sharma on course for his 4th ton of the series.

Indian bowlers have brought up their century 9 times so far this series, none of England's have recorded one yet.

Last edited: