• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Woodster

International Captain
Yes this has been a very poor first 40 minutes here. It doesn't take any short bowling strategies to remove a number 11, use the odd short ball by all means but Jimmy was armed with the new pill and bowled five short balls at Lyon, this is the one of the most potent new ball bowlers in the world bowling to Nathan Lyon! We have temporarily lost the plot this morning, already thinking about batting and just expecting this wicket to come.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Something for Alistair Cook to help him with his field settings:

No funky field placements, just common sense.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Finally, thank goodness.

Right the serious stuff starts now, we have a 50 odd run lead and we seriously need the batsmen to turn up right now to put us in a commanding position. Really interested to see our approach here, are we going to sit in or are we looking to score in a more positive fashion. You have to expect this Aussie attack to bowl well, so we need a thought process of how best to counter.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, what are we aiming for? 250 puts us narrow favourites, I think.

I think I am going to have to avoid words using "E".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Took us almost as long to get that wicket, and not get Lyon out, as it took Australia to get Pietersen, Bresnan (HS-91), Broad (HS-172) and whichever of Anderson and Panesar it was yesterday. Probably Panesar but I can't be arsed remembering.

Please note I have plucked Bresnan and Broad's high scores from memory. There is a good chance they are incorrect.

My point, anyway, is that cricket sucks. Where's Loko? How about you just have batsmen bat? We'd have even relatively competitive in this series if we played those rules. Stupid sport.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hideously ugly from England this morning........how can you stray so far from what worked so well yesterday??

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He'll probably take 8 in 10 balls but Johnson with the new ball doesn't worry me. Maybe it's the drink talking but I think if you look at the series as a whole (and his career) it bears out