• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I missed this, but never have I been more disappointed that there still hasn't been that ****ing broken arm yet this winter.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol Was a bit cheap from Lee to be honest, I was expecting him to bowl fast, but didn't think he would purposely follow him trying to hit him on the body. Thought he'd bowl slightly wide of off-stump and perhaps a touch fuller. Kind of like a heavy-weight boxer being offered a fun challenge from an older amateur and the heavy-weight then trying to knock him out within 10 seconds.
It doesn't exactly take a heap of courage if you know everything will be outside off. Morgan talked about the Poms lack if courage, now he knows what 145kph plus is like. Having said that, you'd expect the English team to handle it far better than him.

He didn't have to agree to the challenge. Was pretty funny to watch though.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, can you imagine the **** Morgan would have been saying if Binga had let him get bat on one? He did the cricket world a good service and nailed the muppet!

Spark

Global Moderator
It doesn't exactly take a heap of courage if you know everything will be outside off. Morgan talked about the Poms lack if courage, now he knows what 145kph plus is like. Having said that, you'd expect the English team to handle it far better than him.

Yeah look he was going on about how he'd show more courage than the English bats. Well, if any English bat did what he did than Lee would have done the same.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Fair enough, I still don't think Lee had to be quite so nasty. Maybe one short-one at the body as opposed to 5 out of 6.

Interesting that only Warne gave Morgan credit for facing up to it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough, I still don't think Lee had to be quite so nasty. Maybe one short-one at the body as opposed to 5 out of 6.

Interesting that only Warne gave Morgan credit for facing up to it.
I was surprised how many short ones Lee bowled at him. Morgan must be really ****ing annoying in person too :D

Warne said the same thing 5 times, so he covered everyone else.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Chance to bowl at a member of the press so basically game on. Piers talking **** before and during didnt help endere him to Lee I'm sure.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS the ****ing ****er is still alive.
Lol. Wow, nothing personal is it? He didn't shag your missus did he? Or are you just jumping on the hate 'Pier Morgan' bandwagon, when pretty much every single newspaper editor of the time also lived on the edge of what was legal. I just find it weird that he seems to be the one scapegoat for all the trashy/underhanded journalism in Britain when in reality they were all as bad as each-other at that time. :p especially in relation to phone hacking, every paper was doing it.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Lol. Wow, nothing personal is it? He didn't shag your missus did he? Or are you just jumping on the hate 'Pier Morgan' bandwagon, when pretty much every single newspaper editor of the time also lived on the edge of what was legal. I just find it weird that he seems to be the one scapegoat for all the trashy/underhanded journalism in Britain when in reality they were all as bad as each-other at that time. :p especially in relation to phone hacking, every paper was doing it.
Nothing personal, he went against B.Lee and came out relatively unscathed. First world problem.