• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

BeeGee

International Captain
So Cook can win when the team performance is strong enough due to individual contributions. Otherwise he's clueless. Kind of like Ponting.
Yep. I was complaining about Cook's captaincy during the back to back series against NZ, but it's hard to convince people when the England team were still winning (or at least not losing). Hopefully serious questions are asked after this embarrassing series.

Hooksey

Banned
Yep. I was complaining about Cook's captaincy during the back to back series against NZ, but it's hard to convince people when the England team were still winning (or at least not losing). Hopefully serious questions are asked after this embarrassing series.
It's easy to captain a team that is better than its opposition. But Cook doesn't seem to have any grounding in the basics of captaincy, and as soon as he comes under any pressure he has nothing to offer and wants to hold team meetings on the field that stop play.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I know it's not easy but if he was watching the fields Clarke has set he could learn a lot. 4 tests down and he doesn't look like he's been watching yet.

Briony

International Debutant
That is a seriously great win.
In the scale of our test wins over the years maybe not really high up given that England seemed to have hoisted the white flag up some time ago. Just good for the moment and the four nil scoreline.

Briony

International Debutant
Only watched the last 40 runs. I assume Warne was going off about the captaincy.
Warne never shuts up. Think Cook gave up long ago. He certainly was very negative yesterday morning. Should have had Lyon out very early if he's bothered with a decent slip cordon to the tailender when they already had a big lead.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In the scale of our test wins over the years maybe not really high up given that England seemed to have hoisted the white flag up some time ago. Just good for the moment and the four nil scoreline.
Well Australia won a lot of tests so there are a lot of wins. But Australia gave up a lead and looked in trouble at non down with a 100 run lead and ended in winning by 8 wickets. Tremendous stuff.