• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Spark

Global Moderator
And Monty takes a wicket.

Cook is a terrible captain.
It's pretty shoddy. Spinner bowling in the 4th innings, especially when the oppo spinner had just taken 5, is hardly anyone's idea of uniquely inventive captaincy

Spark

Global Moderator
At least let Clarke get his 3 Watson

EDIT: What are the Barmy Army singing? It sounds like the Mitch Johnson song except obviously the lyrics will have changed...

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
So Cook can win when the team performance is strong enough due to individual contributions. Otherwise he's clueless. Kind of like Ponting.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I now have the problem that my sleep patterns are so EWS'd up that I'm not going to be at all tired by the time this gets wrapped up.

Hooksey

Banned
..Cook is a terrible captain.
No question about that, and the Channel commentary team are laughing at Cook's field placements and lack of leadership.

England being absolutely humbled as Australia peel off the remaining runs with boundary after boundary.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Clarke is the best guy to reach 8000 Test runs this match.

Watson, again failing to convert his 50s into 100s :)