• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

King Pietersen

International Captain
Watto looked awful in that innings. Managed to get one actual shot away, but even that wasn't even remotely timed. Terrible knock, managed to make Phillip Hughes look good at the other end, which is a mighty fine effort.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've never seen these knocks; against SA in SA, presumably?

What I have seen from him has left me unimpressed with his qualities as a batsman, let alone an opening batsman. He does have a great eye, I'll give him that much. But otherwise I don't see anything else worth rating. Of course, he'll probably score a hundred today.

And Watto is gone! Used up all his lives.
Yeah, that's a fair criticism. I'm not completely convinced he's a Test standard batsman, but his technique doesn't seem to be exposed any more by lively wickets. His hundreds in South Africa were on decent bowling wickets and he's scored some Shield hundreds on terrible batting decks. This game is a perfect example. Scored 93 out of a team total of 172 and then backed it up with 108 out of 173. Tasmania scored 127 in between.

He may or may not be consistent enough, especially at this stage, to be a good Test batsman but lively wickets aren't his problem.

pskov

International 12th Man
Hughes has the same technique as any one of thousands of club players up and down England, he just happens to be blessed with exceptional reflexes and a good eye.