• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looked like a clear inside edge, but meh.

Yeah, hotspot shows the edge was clearly before pad, but probably for the greater good. Ravi been embarrassingly bad this series.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not really. Definitely inside edge but in real-time it's almost impossible to tell. Even with slow-motion replay and hot spot you see it only touch the bat 1/100th of a second earlier than the pad.
So if it's almost impossible to tell the doubt goes to the batsman, yeah? Or should.

Mr_Cricket

Cricket Spectator
Not really. Definitely inside edge but in real-time it's almost impossible to tell. Even with slow-motion replay and hot spot you see it only touch the bat 1/100th of a second earlier than the pad.
I agree. Looked totally out in real-time.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So if it's almost impossible to tell the doubt goes to the batsman, yeah? Or should.
Yeah, 2 sounds and all that. Anyway, probably didn't change much as you said earlier. And Aus got some shockers at lord's which were probably far more influential, so what the heck.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think there was doubt in Rauf's mind. If there is doubt, then it shouldn't be given IMO. It was the wrong decision, I just thought saying it was awful was a bit harsh. There have been some real shockers in this series already and those are what I'd term awful.

King Pietersen

International Captain
What a Bell. (see what I did there? Comedy genius tbh)

No surprise to see Ian Bell bottle it when we really need him. Need to change the whole middle order tbh.