• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

aussie tragic

International Captain
Siddle now the leading wicket taker for 2009 with 35 wkts from 8 tests (with one innings to bowl)

Next on the list are also all playing in this match:

Swann 32 wkts (9th Test)
Anderson 32 wkts (10th Test)
Johnson 31 wkts (8th Test)
Broad 26 wkts (11th Test)
Hilfenhaus 21 wkts (7th test)

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That pull for six from Ricky was just sublime.

Today just furthering my view on Katich. Not an opening batsman for mine.

Watto however. Mmm.

Redbacks

International Captain
Reminds me of how Ponting batted in the 1st test in RSA recently. His push into the ultra aggresive mode paid huge dividends on a wicket that was a bowlers paradise. Similarly here there isn't much chance a team will bat along time and if they do runs will be hard to come by. Will be happy with anything over 200.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Just can't get over how good Clark was. Makes me really miss and appreciate McGrath.

Redbacks

International Captain
Just can't get over how good Clark was. Makes me really miss and appreciate McGrath.
Well on the other hand it's a bit more exciting watching tests these days in terms of unpredictable results and also seeing our side scrap a bit more

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Harsh one feels considering it got awfully big on him.
I really admire Katich as a bloke and think he's a tremendous State Player. But as an International Opener, I just don't think he's worth his salt, particularly against any bowler who hits the deck hard.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really admire Katich as a bloke and think he's a tremendous State Player. But as an International Opener, I just don't think he's worth his salt, particularly against any bowler who hits the deck hard.
His record and numerous tons against everyone he's played against as opener in no way influence your thinking?

For mine, he doesn't bat as you'd expect an opener to do (bit more leg-side focussed than most openers are) but I find it hard to fault the way he's played generally speaking.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
His record and numerous tons against everyone he's played against as opener in no way influence your thinking?

For mine, he doesn't bat as you'd expect an opener to do (bit more leg-side focussed than most openers are) but I find it hard to fault the way he's played generally speaking.
He's only averaging 43. He's obviously shown that he can occasionally grind out a Test Match ton, but I don't think he's the best man for the job.

Top_Cat

He's only averaging 43. He's obviously shown that he can occasionally grind out a Test Match ton, but I don't think he's the best man for the job.
43 overall, just over 50 as an opener. And, like I said, he's scored a ton against every opponent he's opened against.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion that there are better options but downplaying his record is a smidge unfair.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
43 overall, just over 50 as an opener. And, like I said, he's scored a ton against every opponent he's opened against.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion that there are better options but downplaying his record is a smidge unfair.
SIMON KATICH IS THE DEVIL z

Top_Cat

FFS Bowden, his shoulders had gotten past the line when the ball impacted. 3rd umpire = crutch.

EDIT: And what was with that dead-ball call? Ponting clearly played at it. Was a great ball too.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Broad really trying to slam them down here, good to see some aggression.

EDIT: Some direction would be nice, though.