• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Judging by the rugby yesterday I presume Australianism is going down with no fight or character. Cricketers to follow in the next few weeks.
Umm, no one in Australia gives a **** about rugby mate. It's the fourth football code here, played exclusively in the People's heartland between Randwick and Neutral Bay by the Bunyip Aristocracy who are born with silver spoons in their arses.

No one cares about it. The Wallabies had their time in the 90s. Something as soft as a soufflé never rises twice.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Umm, no one in Australia gives a **** about rugby mate.
What about the 84,000 capacity crowd in ANZ stadium last night?? We're they lured there under some kind of false pretence??

Jeez you are prone to spouting some ****e Burgey.

Spikey

The same night 85K people attended another Hawthorn loss. A truly memorable night for those lucky SOBs

Burgey

What about the 84,000 capacity crowd in ANZ stadium last night?? We're they lured there under some kind of false pretence??

How long you been here? Seriously, if you think rah rah is a widely loved sport here you're kidding yourself. Three men and a stray dog support it compared with the other codes.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman

ANZ stadium will be full when the superior code rolls into town for Origin III.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Adders is pissed about the trumpet ban, but seriously, we're just lucky Backlash isn't an English fan, we wouldn't hear the end of it...

Spikey

and it was full for the WC qualifier

Rugby is undoubtedly the 4th code. Of course, if there's a bandwagon to jump on, it'll be jumped on

Burgey

I think a few of the CW crowd in England and in NZ might have a squizz at it.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I watched Origin from the US when it was on but I was raised in Sydney so that hardly counts.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well Adders is pissed about the trumpet ban, but seriously, we're just lucky Backlash isn't an English fan, we wouldn't hear the end of it...
I love you too man.

Burgey is right, just how long have you been living here Adders? You don't seem to have much of a grasp on Australian sports. Union is about 4th or 5th in the pecking order and it's never do much better than that.

It's funny when Kiwis move here and find out for themselves. They always end up so devastated. They actually thought they were beating us at something Australians cared about.

Ruckus

International Captain
Hmm would surely be a tight 2nd. League and soccer must be close. Even tennis couldn't be too far behind, although it's probably dropped somewhat in recent times. What would you have in 2nd for England?