• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it just occurred to me that someone should make a post in Daemon's cricket for dummies thread (i gave it a new title) about Trott, the short ball and his technique.

Bushranger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Overrated English side......... Man Cant wait to Perth and bring back Shaun Tait. They would probably forfeit.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
It was a very good performance by an underrated Australia side that finally put in a performance they can be proud of. I really hope that this doesn't send England into decline and start another period of dominance. I would rather there be competitive series between our nations rather than English dominance followed by Australian dominance. I am certain that England will want to send a message at Adelaide and while Warner and Clarke have been in the runs, the rest of the Aussie top 6 have been bollocks. There are far to many good players in this England side to collapse in a first innings again especially on the less bouncy Adelaide pitch.

I really want an exciting competitive series and 1-1 going into Perth (which is Cook's 100th Test) would make for a really good contest (or an Australian massacre if England don't get their house in order).

Ruckus

International Captain
When is Patto forecast to return? It would be amazing if our attack for Perth could be Harris, Patto, Johnson and Siddle/Lyon.

Top_Cat

haha, not this again. As if Siddle's in doubt even with Pattinson available. All of them fit, Patto's the unlucky one at the moment. He's only a Harris's knee away from selection, though.

adub

International Captain
It was a very good performance by an underrated Australia side that finally put in a performance they can be proud of. I really hope that this doesn't send England into decline and start another period of dominance. I would rather there be competitive series between our nations rather than English dominance followed by Australian dominance. I am certain that England will want to send a message at Adelaide and while Warner and Clarke have been in the runs, the rest of the Aussie top 6 have been bollocks. There are far to many good players in this England side to collapse in a first innings again especially on the less bouncy Adelaide pitch.

I really want an exciting competitive series and 1-1 going into Perth (which is Cook's 100th Test) would make for a really good contest (or an Australian massacre if England don't get their house in order).
Nah **** that. 17 years wasn't nearly long enough to keep you ****s down.

Daemon

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Overrated English side......... Man Cant wait to Perth and bring back Shaun Tait. They would probably forfeit.
Must say most of the less enlightened Australians I've come across so far have all been Victorians..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If there's one thing this year's six Ashes Tests have taught is its that as soon as one side get on top, the idiot troll flagwavers come out of the woodwork. Apropos of nothing, obv.

Spikey

Yep I think Siddle settled the Siddle issue well and truly in England.
what, by averaging over 30? The idea of any of Bird, Starc or Pattinson playing in this series is crazy to me, but Siddle has only taken 3 wickets in his last 3 test matches

Riggins

International Captain
If they're both fit Harris and Patto should be 1 and 2. The selectors love Johnson, especially at the Waca, so I don't think it's ridiculous to think Siddle could miss out.

uvelocity

International Coach
can see harris needing a rest for perth, patto in. otherwise 4 man pace attack. but really reckon harris will miss.