• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bois, gonna use this innings change to ask you a serious question

there's a ****ing massive stick insect just chilling in our kitchen. what should we do. i'm fine with just leaving it there

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The real difference between the two innings was the partnership of Haddin and Johnson.

Huge amount of time for batting left. Bat as long and as slowly as you like boys. I want to grind those Pommy bastards into the dust.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year

there's a ****ing massive stick insect just chilling in our kitchen. what should we do. i'm fine with just leaving it there
Leave it imo. Those things are awesome and completely harmless.

benchmark00

Get it to whip you up a batch of mi goreng.

heathrf1974

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The real difference between the two innings was the partnership of Haddin and Johnson.

Huge amount of time for batting left. Bat as long and as slowly as you like boys. I want to grind those Pommy bastards into the dust.
Usually when Johnson bats well, he also bowls well and vice versa.

benchmark00

Pretty resigned to the fact we're not going to be 0 down overnight, but just can't afford Clarke to be batting tonight.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Pathetic batting from both sides it must be said, even combining their totals you're still about 170 runs short of a par score.
Not really. It's not like totally terrible shots were played to take wickets.. Weaknesses were simply exposed. There's a good bit of moisture in the pitch because of the humidity, so I think more than anything else, the pitch report was most off. But the bowling execution from both sides has been supreme. England should kick themselves for getting defensive when MJ came to the crease...but they probably won't because playing attacking cricket makes you a dumb bogan by definition apparently...

Last edited:

benchmark00

Is it just me or are commentators calling everything that doesn't hit the ground a terrific catch these days?

Spark

Global Moderator
Not really. It's not like totally terrible shots were played to take wickets.. Weaknesses were simply exposed. There's a good bit of moisture in the pitch because of the humidity, so I think more than anything else, the pitch report was most off. But the bowling execution from both sides has been supreme. England should kick themselves for getting defensive when MJ came to the crease...but they probably won't because playing attacking cricket makes you a dumb bogan by definition apparently...
Eh? This pitch is dry as.

Daemon

If you scare it and it starts flying and knocks into a wall, it'll drop one of it's segments off like how lizards drop their tail.

Not a very nice thing to do of course.

adub

International Captain

Find something tasty for it and call it a pet

Daemon

I wasn't being serious. Someone called it a 600 par pitch yesterday.