• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it just me or has there been absolutely no short stuff from the Aussie bowlers? Surely on a pitch as a flat as it is now they would of had a go at Cook and most certainly Strauss for a prolonged period. Seems all this talk of a 'bouncer barrage' is just mince.
They had a crack at that after lunch iirc.

hazsa19

International Regular
wow never seen a wagon wheel like that from a strauss innings.

not a single 4 through the leg side, lots of drives

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Unless we take a bundle of wickets in the last session it's going to be a draw. England are effectively 1-19 and Strauss won't declare until they atleast get a 200 run lead. Australia's batting may be prone to collapses, but we won't get bowled out in 50 overs.
Australia will get 200 in 50 overs on this. Comfortably.

England will not be thinking about calling time until the fag end of tomorrow afternoon, looking at 250+ in 30 overs, where all that Watson and Kat can hope to do is not get out.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Australia will get 200 in 50 overs on this. Comfortably.

England will not be thinking about calling time until the fag end of tomorrow afternoon, looking at 250+ in 30 overs, where all that Watson and Kat can hope to do is not get out.
Yeah I'm guessing England will bat on until a draw is the only inevitable conclusion, taking a few confidence denting wickets

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watched the Earl of Twirl in the tea break. There's 10 minutes I can't get back.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thought Vaughan after the first ball I saw (which I think was the third ball) but figured it couldn't be right. Appeared in the options though so I'm backing it.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought Vaughan after the first ball I saw (which I think was the third ball) but figured it couldn't be right. Appeared in the options though so I'm backing it.
As soon as I saw the guy, with no options, I thought Tim May. However, I was just thinking of likely Australian spinners of the late 80s/early 90s. Obviously the guy was tall & wiry, so can't be Greg Matthews and much more likely to be Vaughan. Plus, Tim May wouldn't bowl such a rank full toss, even at nearly 50 years old.