• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

pskov

International 12th Man
They've watched enough of him bat so far in this match that'd you think the Aussies would've figured out Cook is a back foot player.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, would take a collapse from either side now for it not to end in a draw. Mind you, if anybody has a chance of winning, it's still Australia. They just need to hope that they can take a wicket soon, and it leads to another, and another, and so on.

morgieb

Yeah, would take a collapse from either side now for it not to end in a draw. Mind you, if anybody has a chance of winning, it's still Australia. They just need to hope that they can take a wicket soon, and it leads to another, and another, and so on.
I still think we're more likely to collapse than England.

vcs

I still think we're more likely to collapse than England.
Yeah, but you won't have to bat more than a session and a half, at the most (and Strauss is unlikely to make such a bold declaration). Hard to see a top Test team bowled out in that timeframe even on a minefield, which this pitch is far from looking like.

Spark

Global Moderator
It really does depend on Messrs Ponting and Clarke. Now that Hussey is in form, if those two get their heads screwed back on then I think we could chase 200 in two sessions.

vcs

So England one more good session away from safety IMO. Things can change quickly in Test cricket. Been a great batting effort.

Bun

Banned
120 overs remaining in the game. England are effectively 19-1. The pitch is flat. I don't think barring a massive batting collapse, we are going to see a result in this game. A shame.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it just me or has there been absolutely no short stuff from the Aussie bowlers? Surely on a pitch as a flat as it is now they would of had a go at Cook and most certainly Strauss for a prolonged period. Seems all this talk of a 'bouncer barrage' is just mince.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Unless we take a bundle of wickets in the last session it's going to be a draw. England are effectively 1-19 and Strauss won't declare until they atleast get a 200 run lead. Australia's batting may be prone to collapses, but we won't get bowled out in 50 overs.