• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

biased indian

International Coach
less than 50 hours to go to start of the game... cant wait for the game to start ..for a change will be watching the game with my wife and not friends....cant leave her alone at home rt now :)

JBH001

International Regular
less than 50 hours to go to start of the game... cant wait for the game to start ..for a change will be watching the game with my wife and not friends....cant leave her alone at home rt now :)
I hope things go well her, mate. Good luck!

Himannv

International Coach
I wouldn't be too upset if we lose the toss and field first. Get them out for a par score with the usual spinner stranglehold and struggle over the line when its our turn to bat. Sounds about right.

Isura

U19 Captain
I wouldn't be too upset if we lose the toss and field first. Get them out for a par score with the usual spinner stranglehold and struggle over the line when its our turn to bat. Sounds about right.
I will take it. But I fancy our chances more batting first, with Dilshan or Sanga tonning up and bowling them out cheaply like the Champions Trophy final

Himannv

International Coach
Vaas and Randiv called in as cover for Murali and Mathews. Not the worst two players to come in as replacements IMO.

cnerd123

likes this
Vaas? Srsly?

Wow. Vaas and Murali vs. Sachin for one last time. Probably not as thrilling as Akthar vs. Sachin for one last time, but interesting nonetheless.

Himannv

International Coach
I will take it. But I fancy our chances more batting first, with Dilshan or Sanga tonning up and bowling them out cheaply like the Champions Trophy final
Sounds good but it might be tough to do. India are pretty good with the bat on their home pitches and our bowlers might not get much purchase IMO.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Would be interesting if Srilanka open the bowling with Dilshan against India,as they have been doing so far.
Could be absolute carnage if Sehwag and Sachin get stuck into him .

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keep getting flashbacks of Mendis's spell in the Asia Cup final 2008 for some reason. Hope Sehwag plays a long innings here.

Himannv

International Coach
Vaas? Srsly?

Wow. Vaas and Murali vs. Sachin for one last time. Probably not as thrilling as Akthar vs. Sachin for one last time, but interesting nonetheless.
If he does play, I dont think Vaas will bowl more than 6 or 7 overs. Have no idea whether he can manage to just come into the team and perform on demand like that. Still, not too worried about the bowling, the batting on the other hand will take a big hit if Mathews is out.

vcs

Don't remember what the conditions were like exactly.. Sehwag was doing his usual thing making batting look ridiculously easy, and his dismissal turned it around completely. Sanath also made a hundred, didn't he?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't remember what the conditions were like exactly.. Sehwag was doing his usual thing making batting look ridiculously easy, and his dismissal turned it around completely. Sanath also made a hundred, didn't he?
The conditions in srilanka generally tend to be more sticky than in India.

I think in the final though,most likely it will be a Mumbai bata wicket ,though with the red soil there will be bounce and might be spin and probably more carry than in Mohali yesterday or in ahmedabad.

In any case we have played Mendis many many times after that andhe hasn't troubled the batsman anything like that again.

vcs

The conditions in srilanka generally tend to be more sticky than in India.

I think in the final though,most likely it will be a Mumbai bata wicket ,though with the red soil there will be bounce and might be spin and probably more carry than in Mohali yesterday or in ahmedabad.

In any case we have played Mendis many many times after that andhe hasn't troubled the batsman anything like that again.
That match was in Karachi. Mendis looks to be a much improved bowler in this tournament, he isn't giving away the four-ball per over that our batsmen thrived on after they learned to pick him. He is very dangerous if batsmen are forced to try and attack him because he bowls so wicket-to-wicket.

Xuhaib

International Coach
India will have no problem with Mendis even if he bowls well I expect a 2-45 kind of spell from him.